18 February 2009

Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

Some of you may be asking why my blog is entitled thus.  This is a simple question to answer, and I believe a story goes along with it.  Some years ago I had a roommate that had a piano.  You know, one of those Clavinova type pianos on which you can record songs in MIDI format.  It felt just like playing a nice grand piano, sounded great, and it had the option to record up to 12 tracks on the same song and various MIDI instruments such as drum sets, ocarinas and mandolins.  A few posts ago (7, for those keeping track) I wrote about some things that I do when I feel defeated.  This was not an exhaustive list as I forgot to add my favorite self-defeat-remedy to the list.  This would be music: playing the guitar, piano, and back in the days of the Clavinova, writing music on the piano.  

For whatever reason, I would sit down at the Clavi, put on the headphones, push record and just play.  The songs I came up with would generally reflect the emotions I was feeling at that moment: silly, sad, happy, etc.  Soon I had recorded enough songs to compile an album, entitled "Your Face and the World Within." At the time, my artist name was JMoney Cricket and his One Man Band.  Though the artist name was pretty lame, I had quite the cover art and song titles to match my strangeness:


Of course, this isn't the full cover art.  Just imagine this in the center and loud orange letters surrounding it announcing my artist name and the album title.  

Upon making the CD and importing it into iTunes, I had some struggles coming up with names for the songs.  As I said above, they were strange names, such as "80-D: The True Workings of an Inept Mind," and "Standardized Studies of Statistics and Greek Mythology," and everybody loves, "The Resplendent Sunrise over the Blissful Waves of the Caspian Sea."  

About a year later, I cut a second album under a new pseudonym, "JMoney." The album was entitled, "The I Like Jason Bell Stage" due to a funny story that my friend Brittany told me.  For details of this story, and additional funny facts, ask me in person or via email.  There were a couple different cover arts for this one.  The first consisted of many pictures of this Jason Bell character all within a year's worth of time, and showed the versatility (and hotness) of his looks.  Here, I'll just show ya.


Due to the large amounts of color ink needed to print this (since I had about 1000 requests for the new album), I changed the cover art to something a little simpler, but much sexier.


And the back of the album:


The new album is exactly the same as the old with an addendum of about 9 songs.  The song names were also changed from the first album due to the more serious nature of "The I Like Jason Bell Stage."  

I am glad you took the time out of your busy days to join me on this magical adventure of the history of JMoney and his music.  I hope you enjoyed the journey.  Now comment and get back to real life outside of cyberspace! 

Peace.

Addendum: My good friend, Garrett, was actually the one who came up with the name for the song Resplendent Sunrise over the Blissful Waves of the Caspian Sea.  He's also the one who inspired me to start this blog and hence the name "Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves."  GWard! Thanks for getting me so addicted to blogging!!! :)

4 wisecrack(s):

garrett said...

Dude, you forgot to mention that I helped you come up with the name of that song. It was a really long song, and quite emotional (maybe a little angst-y?), so I said it should have a long title. We came up with resplendent sunrise, and then just kept going until the Caspian Sea was pulled in. Good times.

Paul Harris said...

Is the "flaming Moe" song in either one of your albums? "Happiness is just a flaming Moe away."

Chess said...

Oh JMoney! I do like you! You were very quick to offer your destructive skills in regard to Evan-the-snowman-murdering-neighbor. Makes me think you aren't a fan! LOL. ;)

Leon said...

You're pretty quick to assess that, but you're right. I'm not a big fan of arrogance...except my own of course. ;)

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall