13 February 2009

Interviews and Pranks

As can be noted from the title of this post, there are many highly correlated things in life.  This post will deal with two of these, namely interviews and pranks.  

Yesterday I had the awesome opportunity to interview with the part of the Terran race that dwells in Irvine, CA.  Let me just say this: it was HARD!  It was honestly the craziest job interview that I've ever had.  I thought it got off to a good start, me bragging a little bit about the competitive model that I developed (with my advisor) for detecting differentially expressed genes in high dimensional genomic data.  But the questions and nested questions kept coming.  I think I was able to handle them OK.  One thing I found interesting was that they seemed pretty interested in reading my thesis, and asked me to send them a work-in-progress so they could start reading it!  I was floored.  I promise to keep the entire world updated via this blog as soon as I find anything out.

Let's go ahead and switch gears a bit.  Two days ago, my roommates and I woke up to a heart-attack on the front door.  To those of you unfamiliar with this concept, it is where a person (or group of persons) will cut out paper hearts and entirely cover a door of the poor, pathetic soul (or souls) chosen to clean it up.  It's completely analogous to the game 52-card pick-up, especially when you are the chosen poor, pathetic soul.  This was us.  Upon cleaning them up, Kendall noticed a subtle, yet not so subtle, accusation accusing us of stealing the heart of these girls.  Apparently, upon the door of BLAPT 6 hung a feather covered, red heart-shaped wreath, and we were accused of stealing it implying the retaliation of said heart-attack.  

Later that day, the heart reappeared (we really didn't steal it) on their door, so we devised a plan to steal it and hold it for ransom (brownies).  We were able to pull off the restealing of the heart and successfully convinced them that it wasn't us.  That night we played a game of buggers and astronauts and almost got away with stealing the brownies left for us without getting caught.  I feel like this post is way too long, so I won't get into the details.  Ask if you must know!  Kendall and I celebrated by eating a brownie.  By this point, it was around 1 a.m., so we all went to bed.  The next day, yesterday, Kendall ate 3 more of these brownies.  It's important to note that there was a 1-inch thick layer of frosting on them.  I was about to eat another one, and I noticed some green powdery crumbs throughout the brownies.  They poisoned them (!) and hence the frosting.  I was affected a little by it...but Kendall...poor Kendall...

I'm almost done, I promise.  So last night, we pulled out most of the stops.  I say most because I'm sure Kendall still has a few up his sleeve.... We sent Micah over to their apartment and he, with a very serious face, has the following conversation with them:

Girl 1: Hi! What's up?
Micah: (Sad face, mind) Hey, umm, did you make those brownies?
Girl 1: (Smirk) Haha, um, ya.
Micah: Well, we need to know what you put in them.
Girl 1: .....OK....
Micah: (Starts to get choked up) See, umm....Kendall is in the hospital.
Girl 1: (Now serious) Oh my gosh.
Micah: He got really sick today.  He was up on campus and he fainted.
Girl 1: (About to cry)..............
Micah: They have him on an IV and the doctors need to know what he ate so they can help him.
:
:
:
Girl 1: Well I can't find the box, so I'll have to go out and look in the dumpster.
And she did.  She climbed IN the dumpster to get the box of laxatives that they crushed up and put in the brownies.  If you want to actually HEAR this convo, I recorded it.  I felt...sort of bad....for doing this.  But I wasn't the one sick all day!  Ha! Later that night, the word got out by a blundering fool that we were just messing with them.  Girl 1 ends up texting Kendall telling him, "Good job, you got us real good, white flag, we surrender, etc. etc. etc."  We'll see...

Oh man.  This is way too long.  Bye.  And happy Friday the 13th! 

Peace.

6 wisecrack(s):

Anonymous said...

haha MEAN! Awesome on their part. Funny!!

jill said...

way to get the girls back!!

Christensen's said...

Cam and I are laughing- really hard- this is hillarious. I hope your friend survived. Hope you had enough charmin!

Anonymous said...

There are still plenty of 'stops' left in the game

Levi Dean said...

Comment 1
Way to go!!! I still think you need to do more to get the girls back. If you need ideas let me know I've never lost a prank war.

Comment 2
How do you play buggers and astronauts? Is it a published game or made up? I'm guessing its a O.S. Card reference.

Comment 3
Keep me posted on Blizzard or I will have to spam your wall and blog.

Anonymous said...

I would like to hear this recording...

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall