12 March 2009

For Seth

Last night I sat through what may have been 2.5 of the greatest hours of my life.  The Broadway musical Phantom of the Opera in all its glory.  I don't want to talk about it for fear that any attempt to describe it would completely diminish the power of the music and the irrefutable awe-struck state in which I remained as I left the theatre.  In layman's terms, it was awesome.

So instead, I'll write a post about my friend.  I like dedicating posts to people.  This post goes out to Seth Derrek Durfee, or as we call him on the street Sir SDD.  

As many of you know, Sir SDD is the type of person that people instantly fall in love with.  He is good at everything he does; be it from writing/playing music on all instruments and cooking to street dancing and ninja fighting, he does it and he does it well.  A true multi-faceted guy, if you will.  He's a big fan of stencils: drawing, cutting, spraying, and all other possible applications of stencils that are both known to be in existence and invented ones.  Go here to see some of his work. Tonight as I was riding about Denver, I saw something that, in Sir SDD's own words, was legit.  


It's a purple truck.  With a stencil of Frankenstein on both sides.  Sir D, let's see ya pull this one off!

Peace.

5 wisecrack(s):

TPlayer said...

Thank you for being man enough to admit you enjoyed a musical. Major cool points on that one (and the funny part is.. i'm not even a huge fan of Phantom of the Opera..it's kinda depressing). But I'm still impressed and proud to call you my friend. Keep up the good work.

garrett said...

So, the avid and educated music/musical lover would say awe-struck, while the layman would say awesome.... glad I've got that cleared up.

Paul Harris said...

Did you see Phantom in Vegas?

Anonymous said...

Jason,
Happy Pi day.

Nemo
p.s. Fallujah: cuss word for the day

Jalene said...

I heart Seth. Or Durf, as I call him.

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall