02 April 2009

$%^&!!!

I just finished up some homework, and for the first time in a very long time, I have absolutely nothing that I should be doing (except for sending out resumes, which for some weird reason I'm avoiding). I have some code running for my professor so I can't do any more work for him for another 3 days (when it finishes), I'm as far on my homework as I can possibly get without some help from my professor (whose office hours are not until tomorrow), and I'm completely done with my thesis until my advisor gets it back to me with any last minute touch-ups. I'll have to get it printed and bound, but that will take about 4.3 minutes. I'm very bored. I have a friend coming in for help with calculus at 4:15, a meeting with Dr. Stevens at 4:30, and a very booked night. But for the moment, I'm completely freed up. It's a weird feeling.

Another weird feeling is walking into your room at 1:00 AM and seeing a girl laying on your bed, staring at you, as you flip on the light switch. It scared the $%^& out of me. First you say it, then you do it, right? Well I didn't do it, but I would be lying if I said that "$%^&" didn't come out of my mouth in the following forms:
  • $%^&!
  • It scared the $%^& out of me!
  • Holy $%^&!
This is what was really on my bed:


I did not mean to say what I said, but I do not apologize if the girls upstairs heard the obscenities that not so casually escaped my mouth. See, they're the practical jokers here. Another lucky thing, for the mannequin-head at least, is that it didn't get a .380 hollow-point in the brain. I had just come back from Ogden, which city requires the use at least 6 .380 hollow-points at any given time [snicker, snicker]. Even upon realizing that the dummy on my bed was in fact a dummy, I wanted to shoot it. Kendall thought it was funny...a funny dummy with a bullet in the brain.

I'm not a violent person. However, upon the purchase of two new pairs of pants, Kendall told me, "Hey [Squall], if people don't like your new pants, you can always come home and cut yourself!" But I'd never do that. I don't even own any razor blades, and Kendall took both my belt and shoelaces away. The ratio of people that were pro-me-getting-skinny-jeans vs. against-me-getting-skinny-jeans was about 5/3000, but I tend to side with the underdogs anyway. They won. Eat that, skinny-jeans haters. And for the record, I received the following text yesterday (the texter will remain anonymous):

So, as much as I hate to say it....the pants actually looked pretty good. :)

Thanks, friend.

Peace.

7 wisecrack(s):

Kendall Laws said...

My feeling is that for atleast a moment you were disapointed that 'she' wasn't real.... Yup now THAT is funny!

Chess said...

Okay, that was hilarious! But I will remain a guys-in-skinny-jeans hater. :)

Levi Dean said...

At least now you have a backup girlfriend.

What code are you running that it takes three days? It must be a ton of data or some really heft computations.

Paul Harris said...

Are you seriously wearing skinny jeans? Nice use of the $%^& word, your mother must be very proud.

Anonymous said...

It seems like you must have some pretty awesome neighbors! I still dunno about the skinny jeans though. . . But I DO draw the line at the pants- no shoes, no hair.

Clarissa Earl said...

This is just plain funny...too bad Trisha wasn't real after all.

camille said...

oh I love those mannequin heads

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall