10 April 2009

A Nice Glass of Red Wine

There are a few activities that I'd like to classify today as the finer things of life. Some of you may remember me talking about the Phantom of the Opera. This type of activity (theatre) is something that I hope to be able to do in the future once a month, given the right income. A few of the die-hard Resplendent fans may also remember last November when I wrote about going to a dance performance put on by Full Circle and Vilociti (the contemporary and hip hop dance companies, respectively). I went to another such show this past Tuesday, and was again awestruck by a fantastic performance. The emotions and feelings, and the story portrayed by these dancers and choreographers was spectacular and left many people in the audience in a state of tearing up and awe. To my friends Kristin, Sara and Seth: you guys are amazing. All 3 did some pretty awesome choreography. Good job, and thank you! Here is a picture, courtesy of .Kristin. that, although may not do the performance justice, gives a small taste of what took place at this event:


Next is an event that took place last night: a concert. Not all concerts will fit into this category, but every once in a while there is a band that means so much to a person, that seeing them live will inspire and leave one awestruck (and yes, I do like this word). Last night was exactly this for me. Many of you may not like the band Jack's Mannequin, but for me there are no words to describe and portray to you why I love them so much, and how excited I was to go to the concert. I will try and explain.

Andy McMahon, the lead singer/song writer/pianist of the band, puts so much emotion into his songs and even more emotion into performing. The past few years, including the present, I've turned on his music any time I've been depressed, angry, etc. (etc. being other negative emotions) and it has literally soothed my soul and calmed me. I hope that everyone has something, whether it be listening a certain band, taking a long drive, or some other activity that does this for them. This is why Jack's is so meaningful to me and hence the excitement I felt going to the show. I won't take the time describe the concert, but know that it was simply amazing. :) And the pictures I took (note that they didn't turn out too well because I had my wimpy Sony point-and-shoot rather than my Nikon):

Saren and I waiting patiently for the show. We had to sit down.
It felt like a high school talent show...


Andy threw out paper airplanes. He was a great performer.


He came back out (for the encore) and started playing Caves.
My favorite song. :)

Peace.

2 wisecrack(s):

kristin brown said...

Thanks Jason! I'm so glad you liked the dance show! :)

Ross said...

The idaho falls show, i am sorry i didn't see you there Jason. I Love Jack's. How incredible was that encore? It gave me goosebumps.

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall