23 April 2009

Jack's Tire and Oil

I'm a bit of a slacker. I'll freely admit that. It took me a long time to get my research/thesis done, when maybe it could have taken any other given person about .7482 of the time. But it's OK. I always get there...eventually. My truck registration is never an exception to this rule. I haven't got that done on time in about 3 years. First off, I have to take Jenova to get inspected. This always comes with the risk of it not passing, which has happened 3 times in the last 4 years. You can understand why I procrastinated it, yet again, this year, or you better understand.



I was supposed to get this all done in March. It's almost the end of April. Since I'm going to be moving somewhere soon, I decided it was time to go find out what else I need to fix before it will pass the state inspection. There was a coupon for the inspection at Jack's Tire and Oil for $12.50, and along with that an oil change/express lube for $24.95. These both sounded good to me, so I told Jack (not his real name) to get it done. Jack comes out a bit later telling me that in order to pass inspection, I need new brakes. 40 minutes and $175 later, I had my state inspection done, an oil change, and new brakes. I get into my truck, go to crank the steering wheel to turn it, and almost drive into a ditch. "Holy H!" I said, "My power steering works!!!" Then I look down, and the brake light, which has perpetually been lit and the cause of an innumerable amount of inquiries as to why it's lit, was not lit. It felt like a brand new truck. Thanks Jack!

Peace.

1 wisecrack(s):

Chess said...

Power steering is always nice. :)

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall