07 April 2009

The End of an Anchor

A few people have noted that they're either worried about me or think I need serious help. No worries, mates! I'm very content with my life here in Logan, UT, and I'm looking forward to starting my new life wherever it begins. I've been reflecting upon and ruminating thoughts of my life and different things from the past 6 years (to the present) that make me happy. I think I'd like to maybe write about a few of these. I'm going to do this in none other than LIST FORM!!! (Note: these are in no particular order.)
  • I went to Hot Topic (for which Kendall (or anyone else..."You shop at Hot Topic? Ha!") hasn't stopped making fun...) and got an awesome wallet, belt and Zelda jacket. See? These types of things make me very happy. Kendall, in his comments on the belt said, "It looks like something a 7th grader would wear. And not a boy, no no, a girl-7th-grader." Thanks man. I have to disagree, though.

  • I've met a lot of truly unique, awesome people and made some really great friends. So many people have touched my life in different ways and have taught me an innumerable amount of things; these people are worth more than any earthly possession. Included in this group are roommates (6 years worth!), crushes, bishops and bishoprics, more crushes, officemates, crushes on an officemate, EQPs, institute teachers, classmates, crushes on classmates, fellow wardies, and an occasional girlfriend. I even met my second cousin, once removed, and she has become one of the most important people in my life and one of my closest, best friends. My roommates these past two years are nothing short of this. They've been there to celebrate during good times, have slapped me upside the head and called me an asshat when I need it, and have been there to get me through the hard times, always offering honest, never-sugar-coated advice. As hard as this is to hear, it's been a source of courage and I truly respect them for it.
  • My relationship with my family has gotten so much stronger. It's curious that we're all so very far away in Euclidean distance, yet we've never been closer to each other. After my dad passed away in January of '06, I learned why the gospel is so focused on the family and why the family is being attacked all over the world. My family is the most important thing in the world to me. It may be a bit cliche to say this, but I have the best one in the world. My sister has been such a great source of strength for me. She is always there to give me encouragement, courage, offer advice (that may be a little more sugar-coated than my roomies'), and calls me constantly when she senses or knows that I'm going through a hard time. Love ya sis! :)
  • What would a list of experiences be without mentioning video games? Although it's been hard to find time to play as much as I'd like, I've still played a LOT of games. It's been fun to get together and play Guitar Hero or Dr. Mario with a group of people, or just zone completely out from the world and play some Zelda or Fable II. I guess it's been nice to have movie nights with these same groups of people. My eyes have been opened to a lot of fantastic movies that are out there, including musicals, Audrey Hepburn movies, the war genre, anything by Guillermo del Toro, and independent films.
  • My ears have also been opened to the massive amount of music out there that is not among the pop, generic, ear-bleeding crap (called music) that has become today's standard. It's too bad people don't know what the music industry really has to offer them. This discovery, thanks to a guy I'd like to call Seth, has brought even more meaning to my life.
  • Maybe most importantly, I've come to appreciate the gospel more than I ever have before. My knowledge, though limited, has increased ten-fold since my mission, and I feel like I'm ready to tackle the world head on, given that I actually get a job and have to face the world! ;) The Lord has given me trials that I never thought I'd have to face, has helped me through every one of them and has given me a priceless vat of knowledge and experience from them. He's chastened me when I'm stupid (which is pretty much every day) yet continues to bless and guide my life. Everything I have (my family, my friends, knowledge of the truth, etc., etc., etc.) I attribute 100% to Him.
As you can see, I have no reason to complain. I'm happier than I've ever been: I have an amazing family, awesome friends, and the Lord blesses my life more than I can even imagine. I'm quickly approaching the end of this chapter of my life, and can't wait for the next one to begin. Life is good. :)

Peace.

11 wisecrack(s):

Paul Harris said...

I'm happy for you Jason.

TPlayer said...

I'm proud to say I have seen both the wallet and the belt, and although I don't fit into any of the categories of "friends" you just listed (unless you've secretly had a crush on me)..then I will just consider your "asshat" comment to be my personal shoutout

Chess said...

It is good, isn't it?! You rock! :)

garrett said...

Glad you're good, buddy. Now get rid of those stupid skinny jeans and put on some real pants. You look like an asshat.

Jalene said...

I can't believe you won't be here anymore. Who will break me into my apartment when I get locked out?? I'm gonna miss you Jas-face!

the occasional girlfriend said...

a few comments:
1. I think the jacket is awesome and totally fitting of you.
2. Thank you for mentioning me in your list
3. You are a great example of someone who has definitely had their share of trials and hardships, but you were able to come out of those trials a better person with such a strong testimony and love for the gospel. I thank you for that as well.

Katey said...

Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to read about other people's goodness cause it only makes me more aware of my own. Glad life is on the up and up!

I must second Garret though...the jeans just gotta go but the ninja turtle wallet is a definate keep!

garrett said...

P.S. Why is it that everyone suddenly started saying asshat all the time now? What's wrong with asshole? Not creative enough?

Leon said...

It's simple GAW. Asshat is defined as someone that has their head so far up their, well you know, that they wear it as a hat. Simply put, it doesn't give the same imagery as asshole, is still quite insulting, and is my favorite rendition of the word.

Leon said...

Also, Gar, I can't answer the question as to why everyone is starting to use it. It became my fav back in August of '08, and I even wrote a blog post about it entitled This is Patti on November 10, 2008. Sorry I'm not much more help than that. ;)

garrett said...

Ah. Thank you for the explanation. I feel a little more enlightened on the proper use of expletives--and we all know how important it is to be up on your proper use of expletives. :)

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall