03 May 2009

A New Look

I was having a very depressing conversation with my good pal Jalface when she asked how to make her blog pure white like unto the deep snows of Mount Everest. How indeed! Then I looked at my own blog and my inner-monologue kicked in, "Squall, you're starting a new life. You need a new look to your blog. Something as cool are you, Squall, since you are the H*."


(*Note that "H" can be used as a substitute for any swear.)

Hope you like the new look. Thanks to both Lightroom and Photoshop for helping me with the new picture, complimentary colors for making it look good, Joe Koebbe for making me learn html/css last summer, and Jalface for inspiring me to change my blog look and also for simply inspiring me.

I expect everyone to now call me Master Squall due to my recent hooding, but will accept any derivative of any other pseudonym you come up with.

Still no word from Coldwater Creek. Cross your fingers, friends and fiends alike.

I almost died on my way to [current location] today. Picture the following scenario: you're driving on the freeway; visibility of 20 feet due to the massive amount of rain falling from all directions; a large semi spewing enough water to give the impression that you're driving through the ocean; and a small Subaru, afraid to pass the large semi, and taking 5 minutes to perform this task. You are caught behind the attempting-and-failing-to-pass Subaru, next to the fire-hose-semi thus getting soaked from literally all directions, and you feel all forces acting against you. Finally, there is enough room for you to squeeze between the Subaru and the semi. You go to cross, and the amount of standing water in the middle as you change lanes causes you to hydroplane. You feel your vehicle begin to turn sideways and suddenly straight again, and this happens once or twice more. You miraculously make it into the other lane and speed ahead of danger. This is what happened to me today. Curiously enough, soon after this event, the weather cleared up to a light rain and dryish roads. It's a bit too cliche to describe the metaphor running through my head while driving today, so I hope you catch it. (That and I'm too lazy to write it out...it's almost 3 a.m. and I'm beat) Luckily, I had the Lord on my side today, as well as Chris and Andy to keep me company. :)

One more thing real quick. I watched a great flick tonight. Kirsten Dunst's character, quoting Alexander Pope, said "How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!" I know it doesn't directly relate to this, but it made me think a lot about the close of this chapter (chapter 5, for those of you counting) of my life, and those that have touched my life, whether for good or bad. I'm very sad to be done with school, maybe never to return to Logan. But I'm so excited to see what life has in store for me. To my friends from the past few years of my life: I will never forget you! I owe you all so much. I lack the ability to articulate the hope you have given me, the examples you have been that have made me grow so much, the friendships you've shared that I will forever cherish, the good and bad times we've experienced together that have made us close. You mean everything to me. I will miss you. I love you all!!!

Peace.

8 wisecrack(s):

Jalene said...

I like the new look. Good luck with your new life! :)

Chess said...

I will miss you! Have a beautiful life! With no swear(s) in it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Have a nice life! ;) I love the new look.

liNdsEYloO said...

way to copy my blog you narcissist.

Colette said...

Jas, first I would like to say that I do indeed like the new look. Second, I love the photo for your little title-thing. Third, I try not think about how I will most likely never see you again - for this thought saddens me. You truly were my best school-friend. Thanks again for everything - I'll miss you. Last, CONGRATULATIONS Master Bell!

camille said...

hooray! I love the new blog! Also I think I might miss you...only a little bit

Clarissa Earl said...

Love the new look Jason!

Anonymous said...

Jason,
I'll miss you too. Don't tell anyone.
Nemo -

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall