24 May 2009

Broop, For Lack of a Better Word

What do you think the worst way to die would be? Whatever it is, unless you are Jal, you are wrong. The worst way to die would be starving while floating aimlessly and endlessly in space towards nothing at all. How do I know this? Have I talked to someone to whom this has happened and lived to tell the tale? That is utterly absurd. So what led me to this conclusion?

I made it to Logan yesterday. It was a good time. I spent the day frolicking in the recently-treated grass and eating a picnic at a secret nature park with Snake. Some Animal Control officers threatened to lock us up, which was rather odd. When did Animal Control officers get so much power? I'd like to investigate this in some future day, but today is not that day. I digress.

I stopped in at the AT&T store after spending some time with Snake, but alas, they couldn't help me. Fortunately, they didn't hurt me either. I am stuck in limbo with a phone that resets itself 13 times a day, fails to receive messages at times, and phone calls slip past leaving no trace. It's quite annoying, really.

Then I got my haircut. For those of you worried that I cut my bangs, you can stop. I'm growing it out so as to look like Peter Petrelli's. Saren does a very nice job cutting hair. She's also a great photographer, makes great lemon squares, and a killer ramen noodle surprise.


After the haircut, we proceeded to dinner at a great italian restaurant in Smithfield, Callaway's. The conversation was fantastic, as Saren and I talked about everything, from dating to music and food. Don't worry, I'm getting to the point.

This post is starting to sound like a travelogue of my adventures in Logan. I'm sure you'd be rather reading something interesting, like J. R. R. Tolkien discuss the song that the birds are humming, and the scent of the trees in which they are perched, etc. But if you hang with me for a minute longer, you'll be glad you did. Or at least it will be one minute of your life in which you didn't have to find something else to do.

I met up with Jalene after dinner, and we drove to Willard to hang with Seth and Shane. Loads of names here that you have to keep track of, but that's your problem. It was indeed a good time at the Durfee's, as usual. Discussions of guy stuff, like beef and engines and guns, as well as lovely chatter of trans-fat cake and cookies. Shane giggled as Shane is wont to do. On the way home, Jalface and I had a lovely conversation about the strangest things. I'll be darned if I can remember probably 2 of the 3 weirdest topics I've ever discussed with anyone...but she said to me (paraphrased): What would it be like to go to space? Is there a high probability of death? We talked of this for a little bit. This is when she said that the worst possible way to die is to starve while floating aimlessly and endlessly in space towards nothing at all. I agree.

Peace.

2 wisecrack(s):

liNdsEYloO said...

that would be a really sucky way to die. i'm not ever going to space.

Jalene said...

It may have been the weirdest topics, but you enjoyed it!! Seriously though... we should research how many people have died going to space. Haha. I'm glad I could discuss weird things with you... like minks and stuff. :)

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall