15 May 2009

And Now for Something Completely Different

I want to write a new post about something completely different. However, my life is completely void of anything interesting.


I could tell you about this new video game I am playing. It's got a fancy name, and the objective is walk around as the character you create (you choose his or her race (i.e. human, elf, etc.) and design him or her to look however you want him or her to look) and do pretty much whatever you want. It's like having another life, an idea that some tend to frown on. Yes, there are some that think it is daft to live a second life inside a video game! Ridiculous, I know. The design of said game is to slowly suck you away from your real life, so as to become utterly negligent and useless, and at the same time create a second personality in your mind, warping any true sense of reality you may have. I reiterate the ridiculousness of frowning upon such games. I digress. Since I'm worth a hill of beans at this point, it's actually nice to go into my virtual life, become a dark elf with green skin, run around and help people. Or steal their stuff.


I could tell you about how I'm also wasting my life away looking for a job via the interweb. I'm beginning to understand the truth that comes from Kendall and his magnificent thinking ability. It's 10% what you know and 90% who you know. I've turned in almost 40 applications and have been rejected twice. All others just went out and are now in limbo, the state in which I currently find myself. I'm as lost about what I'm doing as I am with Lost, as it were. But what a great season finale!

I could also tell you about the new toy I got that tells me how far I've run and how fast I'm going, along with total calories burnt, and it fits in a little pouch that sits on my shoelaces and sends a wireless signal to my iPod. I can push a button and a nice female voice comes on and tells me this information. It's pretty awesome. Today I ran two miles without stopping, and I hope to keep improving this. Maybe I'll train for a marathon... Hey, maybe I will train for a marathon! I'm not sure where my motivation came from, but so far I've lost 30ish pounds, with only about 20 or so more to go until I'm where I want to be. I lied. I know exactly where my motivation came from. It all started with my hot PT....and now I feel so great, I want to keep going! Thanks, Sum! Miss your face!


I could tell you those things, but I just don't trust you.

Peace.

5 wisecrack(s):

Anonymous said...

A MARATHON!? You and me, buddy! Let's do it. I'm serious. As your hot PT I highly recommend it. haha Your life sounds boring! Fly me up and we'll do that photo shoot we were talking about the other day... :)

Levi Dean said...

Was this 2 miles in game or in real life? Since feel the need to check.

Anonymous said...

hell jason I don't want to run a marathon OR be your 'hot PT' but if you fly me up atleast we'll have a great time!

Leon said...

I don't fly anonymous commenters that say hell and spell at least as one word up. But I think this is K. If so, and if I had the money, you'd be on a plane tomorrow. Haha.

Chess said...

Get your virtual self to run a marathon. You can drink a milkshake while you watch! ;)

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall