21 November 2008

Untitled

Instead of a repeat of last night, I am starting a little earlier when I may (or may not) have a couple of lingering rational thoughts.  To be quite honest, I have a head full of thoughts tonight, and I'm not sure I like it.  In fact, I don't like it at all.  I truly miss the summer time, when I needn't think about anything too much; before my life got busy and stressful and complicated, etc. These things just fill my head with unnecessary thoughts, and as I said before, I don't like it at all.  


So I went to a dance [performance] tonight put on by Full Circle and the hip hop dance company to finally get the chance to watch my friends perform and support them, and I'm so glad I went.  A little side note: it is one of my very favorite things in life when I meet a person who is passionate about their hobbies, interests, or talents.  A lot of things can fall into this category, such as photography, music, sports, hunting, stats, and the list could and does go on.  Tonight's show exemplified this to the tee.  Some of the performances were OK, and I saw them as nothing more than a talent show, as they didn't exactly peak my interest.  

And then there were the other performances: the ones my friends danced in and the reason I went to the show.  I didn't realize that I could be inspired by a dance performance.  But I saw my friends (among others) not dancing just to dance, but because they love it and wanted to shout to the world that they love it.  It must have taken so much hard work and I could tell that they are passionate about it to the point that they live for dance.  And guys, you were so, so good!  And I loved it.  It was a truly inspiring show: it has made me want to work on my talents, to choose one or two things that I like to do (i.e. photography and guitar), practice every day, work really hard to get better, and give my life some meaning!  So, my friends, I thank you.  

2 wisecrack(s):

krista said...

The dance performance sounds like it was awesome! I wish I could have gone.

I also love when people are passionate about their interests! :)

kristin brown said...

Thanks Jason. You are great. I love when people get it, like understand how important dance is to me and it means a lot to me if you can actually tell that from a performance. So thanks for coming and thanks for liking it!

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall