20 November 2008

My Morning Coke

If you're a true fan of Resplendent Sunrise, you know that I've uploaded a couple of videos recently.  Since I got my new phone, I've been having a lot of fun making these short and silly videos.  Today (yesterday) was no exception to this norm that I've normalized at this moment in my not so normal life.  


In short, I filmed my 44 oz. mug (I've mentioned this beast before) walking, so to speak, across the Utah State University campus, from my office and back, in one cut.  Clearly you can imagine the looks I got, strolling along with my phone in the right hand aimed continuously at my 44 oz. mug in the left hand.  I learned a few things during this experiment:  
  1. It takes me 15 minutes to walk from my office, to the TSC, fill up my mug, pay, and walk back to my office, with minimal stopping and talking to friends or cool people in the USU Quik Stop, mind.  And that's walking fast!
  2. A mug is (statistically) significantly lighter when empty.
  3. Carrying a full, 44 oz. mug with your arm extended for 7 minutes causes fatigue and "arm-shakes."
  4. My arm is sore.
I'm sure I learned more than this, but given that it's 3:00 AM, I feel that I'm exempt from rational thought.  

You may be worried that I'm going to ask you to watch a 15.5 minute video clip of a cup's perspective of USU campus, though you worry in vain.  I'm asking you to watch a 4.5 minute video clip of a cup's perspective of USU campus, and for your enjoyment, I've overlaid some nice, happy, chill, etc. music.  And I'll make you a deal: if you can tell me (without google or help from Seth) the band name, album and song title of the song in the clip, I'll buy you dinner at Juniper Takeout (or a restaurant of equal or lesser value).  Know that this offer is only valid for the first person to get it right.  After this event, the offer is null and void.  What do you say?  And YES, Seth, you can play too.  Here it is at it's finest, the Coke Walk.  Enjoy.



Peace.

7 wisecrack(s):

Kendall Laws said...

Wow Jason I am so imspired by this film... Sundance here you come!! Its neat to see what USU life is like from the view of one of our mostly un noticed minorities!

garrett said...

A few things. First, I think it's funny that you titled this post "My Morning Coke" when you clearly got Diet Dr Pepper. I'm pretty sure you did that on purpose. If you didn't, it's funny, but in a different way.

Second, I'm somewhat baffled by your choice of real-time sections and fast-forward sections. Why was it important to slow down and take in every detail of opening the doors to the student center, but ok to fast forward through the filling of the mug?? Baffled, I tell you.

Jason, you are, in fact, a dork. Miss you, man.

Sarah said...

I would try and guess what the song is buy i am listening to another song really loud at the moment, plus this one. So i can't hear it to good...

Leon said...

Gar - The title was a hint to the challenge I gave to identify the band, album and song name. I slowed down the video at the opening of the doors to the TSC to show the jack A in front of me that let the door shut on me even after he saw me. It's hard to see, but it was really funny. The rest of the speed up things were just to make it fit in the window of time that the song gave me....haha....and it was about 2:30 when I did the editing. I'm not sure that anything made sense to me at that moment! Haha!

jill said...

the song is by my morning jacket and it's titled something like thanking you or thank you...something like that :)

too bad i live in Murray cause I love juniper, lol.

Leon said...

Jill, you didn't name the album, and you were close on the song, but not quite. Haha! But I'm way impressed that you got the band right!

jill said...

sorry...it's thank you too (I finally did have to research that) but the album I believe is Evil Urges...

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall