13 November 2008

Raining

In lieu of writing my thesis this morning, I'd like to take a moment to write a few thoughts.  I'm not sure if you heard me right or not, but yes, I did say thesis.  I've finally arrived at the point of my graduate studies, specifically my research, to start writing my thesis.  I'm scared to death about it.  I've never written a 50 page document that has to be formatted in a certain way with the very probable possibility (redundant?) of being published.  I know what you're all thinking.  Yee-haw!  Right? Right?  


So I've made the goal to get the first draft done by Thanksgiving.  This would enable me to revise it during Christmas break and get prepared for my defense in the beginning of Spring semester.  The thought of getting this all done and out of the way makes me very happy!

Some other things that make me happy:
  1. Rain.  I rode my scooter to school today in the rain.  I was soaked!  Apart from the brain cells that I lost on the way due to the brain freeze I get every time I ride it in the cold, it was a really great time and it put a large, creepy smile on my face.
  2. Jal.  I've been going through a strange, rough patch of life these past few weeks.  I'm not sure exactly what's been causing it, but I've been stuck in this rut, and it seems impossible to dig my way out.  Jalene, thanks for talking to me about it.  You're a great, great friend!!!  I've been feeling much better and I woke up today thinking, "It's going to be a great day!"  It has so far!  
  3. Creepy secret admirers.  I don't want one, mind.  Yesterday, something pretty funny happened to Kendall.  Apparently, he has a secret admirer that has a seemingly twisted sense of humor.  See here for more info and the chance to earn $10!  Sorry for laughing at this whole rollo and thanks for being an awesome friend and telling me what I need to hear.  I'm feeling much better about life and I know what I have to do.  Oh, and hey, good luck tonight! Sin!!!
  4. The Shrivner.  This is someone who truly cares about people and leaves the comfort of the Shrivner's natural habitat to help out a friend.  Thanks for listening!
  5. All of my friends!
  6. Amber.  My sister.  You are the best!  I'm so happy for you guys and I can't wait to be done with school, move to Denver and be close to you!!!  It should be pretty rockin'.
  7. Diet Dr. Pepper.  I think I might be addicted.
  8. Family Guy.  It's strange, but when I watch this terrible show, everything bad about life floats away and I laugh.  Hysterically.
  9. School friends.  
  10. Of Montreal, Libbie Linton, Chairlift, Jem, Ingrid, Dashboard, Taken By Trees, A Bird's Bird, etc.
  11. KSM guitars.  These guys are awesome.  Yesterday they replaced my guitar string for free, added a guitar strap, and sold me some .38mm picks.  
  12. .38mm picks.  
  13. Lists that go on way too long.
Well guys, have a good day.  

Peace.

4 wisecrack(s):

Kendall Laws said...

Jason my boy.... I sure hope so.... sometimes sins are ok right?? ;) Betos though not ice cream :D Keep on keeping on and don't make me scold you again!!

Jalene said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are having a good day. Happiness rocks. I have to thank YOU for listening to ME all the time. *sigh* me and my complicated life... Haha. Oh boy, oh boy.

krista said...

Your blog made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! Literally! I'm glad you are happy! Anyways thanks!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Jason,
Scared of a little thesis? Well I guess that makes two of us. Three to five if you count the voices in my head. And those are just the voices dealing with my thesis (don't ask). Think of it this way: it is not the writing that is hard part, it will be the defense. I hope that alleviates some of the fear. No wait, that did not help and now I just messed myself and have to go.

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall