29 August 2008

A Very Long Tale: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO READ. YOU WILL FALL ASLEEP!

Today I woke up.  I didn't necessarily want to get out of bed or anything, and I had the strangest dream in the world.  In part of this dream, I was fiddling with some ear-muff sound stopper things (I'm pretty sure this is the proper way to say it) and I decided that it meant I was supposed to give up altogether on anything relevant to my graduation, i.e. going to campus, research, using a shaving utensil, etc. and that I was to go on sort of a revolt against responsibility.  I had no plan.  I was free:  I could do whatever I wanted and I had all day to do it.  I did, however, start my journey with a little research (I guess I couldn't give it up completely...).


So I packed up my scooter with only a camera, got on, turned the key, held the brake, pushed the start button, and after only 5 more steps I was off.  The sky (Idaho State line) was the limit.  I made it as far as Al's.  Something in my dream inspired me to stop and look for some sound-mufflers worn on your ears, and I decided that Al's was the best place to do this.  It turns out that their annual tent sale was going on, so I browsed a little, bought some new shoes, a head lamp (which comes in handy later on) and, of course, an item used to deaden the sound of a drum, bell, etc.  After this, Kendall and I (he came to Al's using an alternative form of transportation as we don't fit--and aren't exactly comfortable riding tangent--on the scoot very well) decided that we were going to Smithfield Implement.  

On the way back to my apartment from Al's, I made an entirely unmotivated stop at Cal Ranch, purchased nothing whatsoever, and I was soon back at my place ready head out to Smithfield.  On the way there, we decided to go out to the Pepperidge Farm discount store, and then on to Casper's.  The two things that I wanted most (a 5 pound bag of Goldfish and a box of fifty Cascos) were unavailable, rendering the trip to Richmond utterly a waste of good time to spend on my goal of not doing anything.  Actually it was a pretty fun trip, I got some good cookies, which I would be more than happy to share, and drank a Mountain Dew weirdness from Casper's.  I'd give the Mountain Dew thing a 9.5/10.  

After blowing some stuff up with Seth, which was a huge success, I decided that my day of revolt, which was also a success, as I successfully didn't do anything responsible, except a little research, and it's not like I even needed to because I got an email from my professor saying that we're not meeting tomorrow so I really didn't have anything to get done for tomorrow....[deep breath]....  After blowing some stuff up with Seth, and then going to a play in Wellsville, we ended up at the HPER field to meet up with some really cool people and to watch Iron Man.  The same thing that happens every time they show a movie on the HPER...happened this time as well.  I couldn't really hear the movie, my back started to hurt, my legs fell asleep, and I can't curl myself into a ball like some people I know.  We ended up leaving early and playing Guitar Hero 3 at Seth's apartment (I had to unhook the Wii from my setup in order to have taken it to Seth's, and it was dark which is where the head lamp comes into play).  I got showed up at the game because Kristin is the best Guitar Hero-er I've ever met.  This is how the day ended.  This is also how this post is going to end.  Now that I've sufficiently bored you to tears, please feel free to browse any of the pages listed on the right, as they are much more interesting than this page.  As for me, I've gotta go...I've got...a.....food in the oven.  Talk to my man with the green and white stripes! 

P.S. I forgot to take pictures.  Sorry!

7 wisecrack(s):

garrett said...

Wait... what part of this was a dream and what part actually happened?

not entirely board to tears, but enough to make me yawn and think ice water sounds good.

Leon said...

The only part that was a dream was the part when I dreamt about the ear-plug things. That's all. Ice water does sound good, but ice DDP sounds even better. With pizza. Mmmmm.

Paul Harris said...

I just had a pop sickle made out of juice, and I can't believe you didn't find anything at cal-ranch.

jill said...

oh I miss watching movies on the HPER where you get too cold and uncomfortable and go home early. good times.

Jalene said...

Haha shaving utensils. I like it. And I like curling up in a ball. :)

kristin brown said...

No way am I a better Guitar Hero-er than you and Seth. Maybe a little better than Jalene... just kidding, sorry Jalene.... :) And I don't get the man in the green and white stripes thing.

Leon said...

...Right. I can't believe you guys are reading this post, even after the warning!!! Kristin, here is the answer to your question (even though it wasn't really a question per say): at the end of Strongbad Email 109, entitled Crying, Strongbad says something to the effect of having a food in the oven. At the end of 101, entitled Car, he says, "Talk to my man with the green and white stripes!" referring to the sub-character, The Paper, that comes down at the end of every email. You'll just have to watch it to get the full effect! Ha!!

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall