25 August 2008

Dashboard and PPK's

Hello all.  Another school year has started which means this week there will be lots of free stuff on campus.  The one thing I'm really looking forward to: free-scotsman-dog day.  I hope that I don't miss it.  Last year I ate 3 scotsman dogs in one sitting, something that I don't encourage anyone try.  By the way, a scotsman dog, as I may have mentioned in an earlier post, is a quarter pound hamburger in the form of a hotdog, injected with liquid processed cheese, and cooked on a hotdog roller.  They are exclusive to the Quickstop on the 1st floor of the Taggart Student Center, but are known to have been sold at 711 under other aliases.  


You are probably thinking, "Can I buy a box of like 20 of these?"  I asked the same question a year ago, and as far as I can tell, the answer is no.  I performed a fairly thorough search on the web for such a, how can I say this, glorious box of goodness, and I had no luck.  I did, however, find a great recipe on how to construct a heart-attack-in-a-bun:
  1. You take a hotdog.  This should be a Nathan's or another high quality dog of your preferred choice.
  2. Cut the dog in half like a bun.  Be sure that you leave a small amount on one end of the cut so that it opens like a bun, and isn't completely in two pieces.
  3. Line the inside with cheese.  The cheese you pick is entirely up to you; however, it should be something that you like, preferably not anything too mild, i.e. extra mild cheddar.
  4. Get a hamburger patty.
  5. Wrap the hotdog with cheese in the middle with the hamburger.  Squeeze the two ends of the burger so that it doesn't unfold during cooking.
  6. Wrap the hamburger-wrapped, cheese-filled hotdog with bacon and stick a toothpick or some other device through the center to hold it all together.
  7. Cook on a grill until bacon and hamburger are cooked.  Some people like to wrap the whole enchilada in tin foil, as this will ensure the thing doesn't come undone and will facilitate thorough cooking of the bacon.
  8. Eat on a bun (and enjoy) at your own discretion. 
Well that's it folks, how to make your very own hotdog with cheese in the middle wrapped in a hamburger wrapped in bacon...dog.  :)  

Next time we will demonstrate how to successfully climb and fall off of a swivel chair.  


6 wisecrack(s):

garrett said...

Jason, I think you need to take pictures of both the Scotsman-dog and that heart-attack-in-a-bun-dog and append them to this post... I feel a little incomplete without the visuals...

kristin brown said...

Ha, I like how you began with the intention to write about school or your classes or something... and ended with a recipe for a vegetarian nightmare....

Haley said...

Jason. I need your help. I need my guitar restrung and assume that you might be an expert in this arena. Am I wrong?

Go ahead, swallow that bite of Scottsman before you respond.

Leon said...

Garrett, I will do my best to get some pictures up and append this post. Haha!

Kristin, like I said before, this is just the way my brain works. If you need more proof, see JMoney: The B-sides, 80-D: The Full Workings of an Inept Mind.

Gulp!! Haley, I've restrung my guitar. It is quite a joyous experience, and after the first string or two, you'll find that it's quite simple. I'd get on youtube and search for "how to string a guitar" and look for a video with a british guy in it. Make sure you do it one string at a time, start with the low E string, and don't tighten the strings too tight. Give me a call sometime if you want and I'll try to walk you through it.

Emily said...

Hey Jason it is Emily and Beau! We are deffenetly going to have to eat a scotsman dog!

Colette said...

Wow, you are right - my first thought was how I could obtain a box of twenty scotsman dogs. How did you know?

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall