02 May 2010

I Added Skip-Zones To This Post

[SKIP]


The other day I came across a last name that got me thinking.  I ask you the very same question that I asked myself the minute, nay, the second I came across said surname:

Would you rather have the last name Upchurch or live in a place called Ipswich?  

This led me down what the world would call a random train of thought.  Those who have been influenced by brilliantly minded GAW will recognize right off that it's not random at all.  

I didn't have a bingo machine at my desk in which infinite balls resided with every possible thought process in existence, assuming that such a machine had been invented as of the other day.  And even if such an one existed and I was the proud owner of one such an one, my bulging biceps would exhaustively lack the strength to crank the handle in order to randomly drop a train-of-thought-ball.  Given that all this has happened, I argue it is still not completely random due to a trivial, insignificant (redundant) think I like to call bias introduced by the infinitive nature of the bingo machine.  

Back to my appropriately-named seemingly random train o' thought.  Ipswich.  That's in the UK somewhere: a location to which Arthur Dent invited Zooey Deschanel (sigh!) to vacation.  Actually it's only where I remembered Mr. Dent inviting Mrs. Bell...I mean Ms. Deschanel to vacation.  In reality, she asked him to go to Madagascar and he said no and asked her to go to Cornwall instead.  I'd go with you, Zooey (sigh!).  Ah man, I love that show (Zooey...sigh!).  And it was an even better book, so I'm told.  I was planning on reading it once, and then I lent my copy to this numbskull who's yet to even crack it open for a laugh!  I'll never see that book again, and I could have bought 4 pizzas for what I paid for it!  Oh, Sephin, I do miss you.  Soft-Taco Sundays were the best!  I still put spread the refried beans on half of the tortilla with a spoon, just like you taught me.  Speaking of blog-urls, I don't want some dude's name as the url for my blog.  I think I'll change it.

And hence, here we are.  Here you are!  New locale.  New look.  Not really.  I'm bored of this post.  Comment.  Follow.  Make yourself a homemade pretzel.  Though, you really should make at least 6 homemade pretzels for it to be worth your time.  That's what I would do.

[END SKIP]

3 wisecrack(s):

Spratt said...

The conversation we once had on the correct usage of the terms "random" and "seemingly random" was one of my favorites. You will be pleased to know that ever since that day, I have, without fail, used the phrase "seemingly random" in all situations where a less amazing male specimen might uses the word "random".
Also, while dealing with the subject of Zooey Deschanel, have you seen 500 Days of Summer? That was the best movie I saw all last year. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the film.
That is all.

Chess said...

Ah Zooey. (500) Days of Summer is my favorite film right now (hands down!). I didn't make homemade pretzels, but I did squish melty Rollos between little pretzels from the bag. Delicious!!

Anonymous said...

So glad I didn't yield to your skip zones. You have a thoroughly fascinating mind, The Bell, bingo balls and all! Thank you for sharing! :)

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall