26 September 2008

Peanut M&M's and DDP Are the Best!

My Business Card (Front)

My Business Card (Back, contact info blurred)

About a year ago, I was asked by a couple of really good friends if I would play the piano at their wedding.  I was honored that they would ask me to be such a big part in what may be the most important day of their lives up to that point.  So that's how it started.  That is the story, albeit short, of how I became I wedding singer.  I say singer, not because I have a mullet, not because I love Styx or the Cure, but because today I took a large leap for my little piano playing business.  

I booked a wedding gig about two months ago upon receiving a phone call from an old friend.  I hadn't talked to her in a while, probably due to her moving away from Logan and out of my life.  See, she cut my hair.  She was a hair stylist.  Cutting and styling hair was her trade.  Her name is Jen the Hair Stylist.  To make a long story short (too late!), she had just become brain dead (my bishopric's term for being "engaged") and recalled me playing a song for her years ago, which song is the Luckiest by Ben Folds, who is coming out with a new album real soon, or maybe he just did.  She called me to ask if I would sing it at her wedding for the bride and groom's first dance.  I told her, "Toots!  This is your lucky day.  I play the piano for weddings!" So she asked me to play her wedding, to which I obliged gratefully.  So tonight was the wedding, and apart from having a completely clogged right ear, meaning I wasn't able to hear out of it during the entire reception, I had a great time.  Thus I have now become a wedding singer.  

I don't want to do too much advertising on this blog, so I plan on designing a new website, most likely a blog, that will be entitled Jason Bell's Wedding Singer Blog, or maybe something a little...sexier.  This new site will have my contact information and may contain a list of songs that I can play and have a place where people can book me (the term "book me" here makes it seem like I will be prostituting myself, so to speak) for their weddings!  This will most likely take some time to complete, but at least I've written it down so it is present somewhere besides the back of my mind.  

Also, as part of this blog, I will include links to photographers that are very good; moreover, their work stands out from what is considered to be normal wedding photography.  Since I don't have this blog created as of right this second (patience, friends), I will make mention of three of photographers for anyone currently looking (hint, hint, GAW).  First of all, Kristin does wonders with a lens.  Her latest blog post contains some great portraits of our friend, Jalene (who not only takes great pictures, meaning she is highly photogenic, she also takes great pictures, meaning she is also a great photographer). One can see from these that she (Kristin) is quite the artist, and comes highly recommended for bridals and engagement pictures.  The third photographer, Seth, has already mentioned previously, and his web page is over there (sidebar) under White Star Photography

For all those looking to get hitched, or for those who know someone who is, and feels the urge to make some recommendations, there ya go!  I hope this post hasn't been too boring for everyone else.  As for me, I'm tired.  It's been a long day!  Peace.  

3 wisecrack(s):

Robin said...

Way to go, Jason. That's cool!

Hmmm, I need to find some people who will let me take their engagement photos for free, so I can find out if I actually have the skills to do that. (Hint GAW) :)

Deborah said...

Hey! Hey! Hey! That was us! We are very proud to have started your new business. ;) And also, you did so wonderfully at our wedding that everyone who gets your card should book you for their special day.

Jalene said...

I am offended... No mention of me... Thanks.

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall