17 September 2008

I wear bowling pins on my ankles


I was told I looked good today.  I don't mind, really.  It was a little strange coming from a guy though.  In fact, the only compliments I've been getting lately have come from dudes.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Speaking of dudes, I would like to devote today's post to a good friend of mine, meaning a guy from a movie, Professor Henry Higgins, played by Rex Harrison.  I just recently watched My Fair Lady (see footnote 1 below), which is prolly in my top ten favorite movies of all time, and is in my top 2 favorite musicals, second only to Sweeney Todd starring Johnny Depp.  As a retort to a recent blog post by Jalene, where boys (men) are referenced as lame, I would like to sing a song sung by Higgins, uhh...in text.  Just picture me singing.  No, wait, picture...not me singing... Actually in order for you to not have to picture me singing at all, here he is himself, Rex Harrison, singing "Why Can't a Woman": (see footnote 2 below) (Oh, and I apologize for the subtitles.  Those responsible have been sacked.)


Well said Rex, well said.  Of course, I understand that the movie was a satire, and I in no way condone (not condemn, Col...) his whole rant (I do condone ranting, however :) ).  In fact, I kind of like that women are completely different from men.  It makes life more interesting.  

Now as I said above, see footnotes below.  
  1. I've been really into old dead people lately.  OK, just one.  Audrey Hepburn.  She's just great!  :)
  2. Does the ":" come before or after the " " ?" (uh, this sort of looks funny too...)
Really not the post I was expecting to write, nor is it the post the proverbial you were expecting, but there it was.  Finally.  Peace.

PS The two previous posts, you know, the ones with weird names and nothing in them, were just sort of an experiment and I was coaxed into leaving them there, you know, for $%^'s and giggles!

PPS I'm really jonesing for an episode of Arrested Development right about now...

4 wisecrack(s):

kristin brown said...

Okay so I knew I needed to read this again after a good night's sleep and the headache was gone... very glad I did.... :) So many jokes... SO many jokes in there, ha ha. I still wish I understood what proverbial really means though. Ha ha... prolly my favorite post you've written to date.

Jalene said...

Haha. I feel so special that my rant inspired this post. Whoop whoop!

Jalene said...

Oh and... prolly?? Really guys...

jill said...

Aggie alums (which you are in a sense) can go to My fair lady and have a nice dinner for $25 on the 25th at Pioneer theater company.

I hate the show myself but I love sweeney todd...why can't anyone do that one live?!?

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall