29 September 2008

MBR

If you will permit, I'd like to take a minute of your time and talk about something marvelous.  I went to one of my favorite places in the world yesterday, Beto's.  I guess it's now called Rancheritos, and has been for, I'd say, about a year.  But this change is in name only, and will forever be Beto's in my heart.  It's one of my favorite things ever to do midnight (or later) Beto's runs (MBR).  Last night was one of these, and oh my was it a great time.


I ordered a breakfast burrito (carne asada y huevo to be exact), something that I haven't had for a few visits.  Lately I've been getting the Texano burrito, which consists of an entire chicken chopped up, potatoes, cheese, peppers (I think those red things are red peppers...I could be wrong), and sour cream.  It's a pretty good burrito, and as with all burritos from Beto's, it's the size of your face.  Another recent menu item I've ordered is what can only be described as 3 rolled tacos, or in Spanish, taquitos!  These are pretty good as well.  They're bigger and crunchier than the frozen ones you buy at Smith's, they are soaking in grease and covered in shredded cheddar cheese, which of course adds to the grease content.  And then there's the horchata.  I would say it's the best in Logan, but I've never had it from any other restaurant here so I can't make that comparison.  

Not last night, but about a week and a half ago, the last time I made an MBR, I got a Texano burrito, 3 rolled tacos with grease, and a gigantic horchata.  In the Frizz's words, it was equivalent to eating 2 small children.  It was a lot of food, sue me.  But it was ever so satisfying.  

Last night, however, I only had the breakfast burrito (above) and a gigantic horchata.  When I went to order, the guy taking my order must have recognized me, so he said, "Que quieres?" which roughly translates to, "What do you want, you big jerk?" It feels good to know that I frequent the place so...frequently...that they know I speak Spanish.  This is what other people ate: Braden had a breakfast burrito (the bacon and egg variety), Seth got some weird taco thing, Sara Shirley ate a bean and cheese burrito, and Trevor and Shane ate nothing.  We just sat and chilled while eating liquid-fat-soaked food.  Probably one of the coolest things I've done lately.  This may just have to be a weekly tradition.  Anyone interested?  

Peace.

2 wisecrack(s):

Jalene said...

Um hello?!!!! Please invite me for the next MBR. It's been months since I've eaten there. :(

kkGoulding said...

Strangely enough, beto's is in my top ten of "Things I miss most about Logan". The beto's down here just don't compare!
My personal fave was the carne azada burrito because they LOAD that thing with guac.
Happy MBRing. Wish I could participate :(

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall