23 July 2009

A Simply Marvelous Day

Where to begin?! How about with today? Yeah, that sounds fantastic.


I had to work, which was boring, but at lunch time is where the cool stuff begins. I'll just enumerate it.
  1. Went to the AT&T store here in [city, state]. Upon entering, there were balloons, smiles and banners that read Welcome Leon! on both sides. The kind lady said "We've been expecting you, Leon." "What's behind door #2?" I asked. "It's your new iPhone 3G S!" Too bad I had to pay for it. I would have taken pictures to show my excitement upon opening it, but the nice (she was actually sort of grouchy) lady opened it for me. For the record, Jalface was the first person texted and Shane was the first person called.††
  2. The doorbell rang as I was talking to my friend Colette about the job I will [hopefully] have in a few short weeks. It was the UPS man. He was carrying balloons, a smile and a banner that said Here is your camera back! on both sides. After signing his handheld, I took the box and anxiously tore it open. I would have taken pictures to show my excitement upon opening it, but the camera was in the box. Needless to say, more pictures to follow. They will probably go here.†††
  3. As if those 2 items aren't enough to make an otherwise boring day fantastic, I went to McDonald's, and the guy at the drive-thru knew exactly what I wanted. Here is the conversation: "Hello, Leon." "Hi." "I would offer you the new McAngus Mushroom McBurger, but it's loaded with partially hydrogenated fatty acids, and I know that you are against eating those. We say that our hamburgers are 100% beef, but that's actually a lie. They are 25% beef, 75% trans fat. So I guess you'll be wanting 10-pc. chicken nuggets, which curiously enough are trans fat free?" "Wow. Yes. Thank you!" "No problem. Large?" "Yes." "BBQ sauce?" "Right again, guy." "Coke?" "Let's do diet." "First window." I pulled up to it, and we had a lengthy conversation about the gas milage of my scooter, and I encouraged him to go get one. I would have taken a picture of me opening my McDonald's bag to show my excitement, but it really wasn't that exciting. Just McDonald's. Don't tell Summer of the Summer Oaktree Diet (SOD). Or my family. In fact, don't tell anyone I either currently or potentially know.††††
  4. I was mentioned in somebody's blog that I don't even know! I've appeared in many-a-blog post in the past, but never on someone's blog that I've never met! And it was great! So I'll mention her back. Thanks, the Hess!
  5. It's time to SMO (Spawn More Overlords).
As you may or may not have noticed, this post is getting a little strange. Make sure you click on the hyperlinks within the post because they'll for sure take you somewhere wicked.

Peace.

Footnotes:
† - They may have used my real name instead of my pseudonym.
†† - Actual events may differ. The real story is quite dull.
††† - Actual events may differ. UPS man did not have balloons or a banner.
†††† - This is how it actually happened!...almost.

2 wisecrack(s):

Tasha said...

Sounds like a great day!! Wahoo, you got you camera back.

Jalene said...

I feel so cool I was the first person you texted! Yay for that!

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall