18 July 2009

Deception

Portrait by Shane Earl

I wanted, to right a post two day about decepticamels. Thats write, decepticamels. Your probly dont know what i mean. Ill explane.

Yesterday I went and my friend's to the knew movie Transformers: Revenge of the fallen. It good, but only if you are expecting nothing oscar worthy. Definately alot of action, and lot's of cool computer generated graphics to. Irregardless of what you think, it was okay in my eye's. Then some camels came into the movie and my freind said those are the decepticamels. It was so funny we almost got kicked out of the movie because we were laughing to hard and making other's angry

It was really cold in the movie's. So we went out side and we unthawed a little. Neat huh

Piece†

†Note: you probably (hopefully) noticed some grammar mistakes in this post. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but....wait, I hope it does! I'm sure I'm guilty of this too, but I really think our society has stopped caring about spelling, proper grammar, and our language as a whole, and it's making us look less intelligent than we already do to the rest of Earth. My plea: please people of America! Learn how to spell definitely. Learn the difference between to, two and too. Learn the difference between your and you're. Alot is not a word. Know that it's is a contraction, while its is possessive. Learn what words are real and what words don't make sense. For example, irregardless is NOT a word. Just say regardless. Unthaw (or unfrost) means to freeze, not to thaw. Learn where commas need to go. Learn how to make words plural (not 's). Learn to use periods (dots) at the end of a sentence. And don't make sentences too long. We learned most of this stuff in 2nd grade! We should practice it. I need some feedback, people. If I'm too harsh, or if I ever make grammatical/spelling errors, or if you have any ideas about this topic, comment! And I promise you one thing: no more negative posts...for a week! :)

8 wisecrack(s):

Chess said...

Remember how I'm majoring in English? Well, this really threw me for a loop. Seriously, I was twitching in pain as I read it and was horrified because your writing is usually so delightfully pristine. But then I saw your disclaimer, and all was "write" with the world once more. ;-)

Colette said...

I must say that as I read your note I became very self-conscious! I apologize for all of my grammatical and spelling errors (even the few I might make in this comment). I try, I really do, but sometimes I just suck! Despite these feelings I am glad that you are trying to right the world.

garrett said...

Dear Chess,

Bless you.

Dear Jason,

At first, I thought you were making a less than subtle point about the movie. Something metaphoric about how even though a person may enjoy Transformers, the little bits of crappy script, directing, and plot holes distract from the greater picture. The writing, grammar errors, etc. were definitely distracting! Because I really liked the movie, I was getting ready to defend it... Then the disclaimer came and it turns out you really just want people to proof read. Good for you! I made a grammar post a while back on my blog. It got more comments than most my other posts. Here's hopin' the same for you!

P.S. Decepticamels is pretty dang funny!

Levi Dean said...

Jason, I agree. But also be patient with those of us who are not at your level yet. I know my write can be a grammatical train wreck. And I want to know why alot isn't a word when Merrian-Webster added Frienomy to the dictionary this years.

Also where might one find a good grammatical reference?

Levi Dean said...

I just typo'd frienemy. Sorry. :) Are emoticons grammatically correct.

Jalene said...

Ugh! I could barely even read that.

And I believe it's my life mission to teach everyone how to spell definitely.

Seriously, not that hard people!

Definite ly

Thanks Jas-face.

TPlayer said...

My pet peeves are the use of well and good, and the spelling of separate.

I do well with grammar, it's my typing that sucks. I blame that on moving in the middle of a school year and missed the "business class" that was supposed to teach me to type correctly. I think overall, I've done well to make it work throughout the years, but it gets crazy when I start going too fast (especially IMing, facebook chat, etc)

Mandy said...

Decepticamels? Hilarious.

I new you were a funny blogger. :)

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall