23 January 2009

Thesis Update #3

I know that all of you out there (especially those that navigate to my blog via the google image search "Cool as Ice") are desiring to know what is going on with my thesis.  Guess what? I FINALLY GOT IT BACK!  The return email said,
Jason,

I've made comments on the attachment.  Look this over thoroughly, and we'll talk about it in tomorrow's meeting.

--Dr. Stevens
Sweet.  So I open up the attachment.  Scanning through quickly, I notice that EVERY page has blood splattered up and down: in the margins, at the top and bottom, and within the text itself.  The disclaimer to the entire thing says this:


I guess the last time I got a document back from him, I kind of freaked out and had to go on a scooter ride and sit on my favorite bench for an hour to calm down.  This time is completely different.  In fact, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Lesson: always expect the worst! 

So I started working on it yesterday around 6:20 a.m.  That's when I got to school yesterday, since for some reason I couldn't sleep past 5.  It was annoying.  Anywho, by the time 8:30 rolled around, I was still going through the minor corrections, and my only thought was: MAN! I REALLY SUCK!  But it's all good.  It's almost done.  I just have 20 pages to go through thoroughly to fix the not so minor corrections, a task that will take me approximately the time it takes to cure and dry a leg of jamon serrano. Update complete.

Since I'm on the subject, I thought I'd share a quick list of things that I'm sick of:
  • Waking up at 5 - today is day 2 in a row.  If it happens again, I'm taking a percocet.
  • The rain/snow/wintry mix/ice everywhere - it's making it real difficult to ride my scooter to campus.  I guess I'll walk today. [Frowns]
  • Falling asleep nearly every time I sit down to read a good book.
  • USU students and faculty (via emails and that damn Facebook group) that are asking people to sign a petition to make it so that the STATE WIDE budget cuts don't affect USU.  How selfish, arrogant and ignorant can they be to think that they should be privileged above the rest of the state and not have to make sacrifices?  We're a part of a community, and as such we are asked to share the load with the state.  Come on people, pull your heads out!  I think I'm going to start my own petition to get the other petition burned. 
Well, now that I'm agitated and sufficiently worked up, I think I'll go to campus.  Remind me to never again make a list of things that I'm sick of.  Suffice it to say, a nice, brisk walk in the rain will be enough to calm me down.  

Peace.

5 wisecrack(s):

Emily said...

I totally agree with you, about the budget cut. who else would the state cut? Pretty selfish!!

Colette said...

I am glad that you figured out that lesson. I don't actually know if it is a good thing to do or not - but I always expect the worse, and then I am pleasantly surprised when things are actually as horrible as I predicted. Also, I am sorry that you leg hurt too. But I was happy to see you in good spirits when I bustled into the office this morning.

Also, I really like that I used the phrase good spirits and the word bustled in one sentence.

Breelyn said...

Ha! Jason, I totally blog-stalked you via Leslie! But hey, keep your chin up, May is so close and then you can strut around bragging about your Masters while losers like me are still trying to finish their Bachelors.

Heather said...

Will you really have your Masters in May?!! Sweet. Uberjealous. Maybe one day I can be as smart as you.

Anonymous said...

" Lesson: always expect the worst!

If I did that I couldn't get out of bed. Oh wait sometimes I don't. That explains it!

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall