16 January 2009

For Lindsey Loo

As many of you know, I love Apple.  And clearly I'm talking about the company that makes such useful tools as MacBooks, MacBook Pros, iMacs, and iPods, and not the actual fruit.  If you took the time to actually get to know me, beyond the superficial (and what a beautiful, flawless surface you may behold...), you would discover quickly that I am quite prejudice against our little red (or green, yellow, etc.) friends known as the apple.  To know learn the reason why will cost ya: either dinner at the ever-tainted McDonald's, or you must spend 1 hour watching me level up in Final Fantasy VII while eating Wendy's and drinking Coke (my treat).  

As I was saying about Apple, they make some pretty useful tools.  One nifty thing that can be done with, say, Mac OS X is that you can take a snap shot by holding command-shift, pressing 4, releasing the keys, pressing the space bar and clicking on the window, the memory of which you would like in snap shot form is saved conveniently on the desktop.  (I realize, of course, that this can also be done on a Windows based machine. But as I despise Windows, Microsoft, and their unfortunate and sly hold they have on our society, I will not mention that it's probably a whole hell of a lot more simple to take such snap shots in Windows, given the appropriate programs are installed and the machine has at least 3 gigabytes of RAM to be able to handle such a process.) By doing this not-so-simple process (may I add that it is nigh impossible to remember the steps you need to undergo in order to take these snap shots, and it's a wonder I can without fail re-figure it out (flawless surface)) you get handy little pictures, like these:


You may notice that I'm logged into Facebook (hereon called fb, due to the lack of respect I have for fb chat) and having a lovely little fb chat conversation with Jal (Mojito).  At this point, or barely before this, I believe fb chat was acting up, causing me to nearly throw my poor little lappy out the window, causing a great hole in the glass.  Due to the severely cold reaction my room's temperature would have had I followed through with this instinct, not to mention the shattered glass everywhere, I overcame the natural man, in this instant only, and left my MacBook in its proper place on my 20-year-old desk.  

Getting to the point, you may also have read the short fb photo conversation (with a magnifying glass) that I had with Lindsey, to whom this blog post is written.  In her retort to my compliment, she issued an assignment to make a copy-me picture smiley face emoticon, but to do this in Bear Lake.  It was 82 degrees where she is calmly standing in ankle deep, warmish water, and she wants me to break ice and stand in below-freezing water to take a copy-me picture smiley face emoticon.  Call me crazy, but...





My feet were instantly numb, and I think I may have cut them as I broke through the ice, yes, ICE, that made up the half-inch thick top layer.  The sharp ice, however, did not break the skin, because the skin was instantly frozen solid (with a probability of 1).  Even now, hours later, sharp, painful jolts of electricity go breezing through my partially frost-bitten feet.  They are not happy with me.  I hope you are, Linz.

Overall, it was a very good experience.  I'd like to thank Micah (and Slav) for driving.  One quarter of the way to our destination, Slav's windshield was still fogged- and iced-over.  Good times.  Smiley face emoticon.

Peace.

12 wisecrack(s):

liNdsEYloO said...

JASON!!!!!!!!! YOU WIN A HUNDRED MILLION POINTS!!!!!

liNdsEYloO said...

oh and i am seriously so proud of you.

liNdsEYloO said...

and the probability of my thinking you are the radest is 1.

liNdsEYloO said...

i can't believe you did it, too.
i'm shocked and awed.

liNdsEYloO said...

oh and you complicated things. command shift 4 you can CROP the screen. so a little target will come up & you can drag & make a sqaure & only copy that part.
i think command shift 3 takes the whole screen. without that space bar crap you were adding in.

Leon said...

Try it with the spacebar. You can take a picture of whatever window you want, and it turns out perfect, unlike the target, cropping method. I like the space bar method better. Word.

Sarah said...

i don't get it.

Paul Harris said...

Fantastic post jason. I didn't understand a word of what you were saying, but great pictures. Was that some sort of karate kid head band or something?

Leon said...

What do you mean you didn't understand a word? I thought I was pretty clear, friend! And since we were roommates a long time ago, I've become a black belt in 3 separate martial arts disciplines.

Paul Harris said...

Are you some sort of CIA secret math agent

Levi Dean said...

I want to know why you have a disdain for apples-the fruit kind. And I think that given our history I think I should be exempt from the fee. Or you can have a rain check and when I make it to an area you are in I will buy you dinner of your choice we can eat where ever you want and then play at least in hour of video games. Deal?

Jalene said...

I thought you were going to write a post how you didn't get my Arrested Development joke... not my convo with you. Haha. But thanks for mentioning me in your post.

Sincerely,
Mojito.

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall