08 December 2008

Snow Drifts

I woke up today, looked outside and guess what?!  It snowed! :)  Yes, friends and fellow bloggers, that was a smiley emoticon.  I do like the snow.  It means it's cold (finally!); it provides for more service opportunities than sunny, warm weather; and it makes the air feel so clean, like the time I said a bad word and my mom washed out my mouth with soap.  She really did this.  No, no, no... I remember it now... I spelled a 4-letter scatological term and my mom dumped black pepper on my tongue!  This must be the cause of my outrageously high tolerance for black pepper.  Thanks, ma!  So, I guess a better analogy would be when YOU said a bad word and YOUR mom washed out your mouth with soap.  That must have been a horrible experience.


This is my mom, the Pepperer

Speaking of horrible experiences, and snow for that matter, the first time I've seen snow since last May was in Denver, the few days following Thanksgiving.  I loved seeing it, mind; the problem was that it touched us (nos toco!) to drive home the Sunday following the dia de accion de gracias.  I checked the internet for road conditions/closures just before we left, and the internet said that the road we needed to travel was closed due to high winds blowing snow with extreme force across the highway.  Not a good sign.  I tried to tell my family that it might be a good idea to wait for a day, or indefinitely, and give the road conditions some time to improve.  My favorite Uncle Jerry (not my favorite uncle, my favorite Uncle Jerry) said, "It'll be OK.  Have a little faith."  My inner monologue, which may or may not have been audible, said, "True, faith is good.  But faith doesn't mean you do something stupid (or life-endangering) and hope it will be OK (or you won't die)!"  We had no problems from Denver to Cheyenne.  As soon as we started on I-80 heading west, the problems commenced.  Friends, it was nuts, and not like my roommate Nuts.  Pictures and videos don't do it justice; however, I have included some pictures and a video so you can get some feel for what we went through.

It took us 2 hours to go 21 miles.  There were times that the wind was blowing so much snow that it was worse than a sandstorm on Tatooine.  At these times, it was a complete white-out, and I regretfully did not capture any photos or video during these times giving you reason not to believe me...but do!  I'm not lying!!

Here they are!







And the video.



Using my mad video editing skills, I added, once again, some really chill music to the video.  Only one person even attempted guessing at the last one, so I'm issuing a challenge to whomever wants to take it!  If you can tell me the name of the band that is playing the fantastic music on the clip, I'll take you to Juniper, or if you don't like that, any restaurant of your choice.  You can use google, but it will be of no help to you.  And just so you all know, Kristin, of .Kristin. (one of the best bloggers ever as she has just surpassed 100 posts! Man, that's more exciting than the time Strong Bad reached his 100th email!) has the advantage on this one!  

And this is me with a mustache! 

Jason, the Mustacheoid

Peace.

5 wisecrack(s):

kristin brown said...

Nice video. :) I'm going to say that I believe it is the Cinematic Orchestra...! Juniper dinner for Kristin!

Kendall Laws said...

DANG YOU KRISTIN!!!!! I knew that but I was being a responsible adult with responsibilities and taking a final!!! grrrr ;)

Levi Dean said...

I like the mustacheoid! Do you have an equations describing it's shape?

PS I would kill or maim for snow right now.

Jalene said...

Your face looks smaller... just like Seth's did when he shaved his beard. Small face Jas. Ha.

Leon said...

Haha! It rhymes!

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall