17 December 2008

On a Friday

I know...I lied.  Forgive me?  I just got so burned out working on my thesis.  I have one section left of it and I have 2 days left of this week and having nothing to do all day.  I'm also pretty sure that I'll have to revise the whole thing.  I'm imagining my advisor taking a big fatty marker whose ink is my blood and crossing out the entire thing because of the hell, fire and damnation that is the wrath in his eyes as he reads it.  Pretty sure it sucks.  But as my wise sister Amber always says, "[Life is] just a draft!  There's always revisions! :)"  And yes, as she speaks, a smiley emoticon escapes her lips and floats off into oblivion.  


Now the reason for today's post is not to show you that I'm not a man of my word, but because the other day I was reading this blog, Halestorm, and I loved her newest post.  It said feel free to do this yourself with a promise that it would be the time of my life, and let me tell you my friends: Halestorm doesn't lie, unlike me.  So take her word for it and try it if you must and alas! it will be an enjoyable experience...like that one time when Peter did a magic show for blind people...

An excerpt from Halestorm:
Directions:
  1. Put your iPod, iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle.
  2. For each question, press the "next" button to get your answer.
  3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY OR NON-SENSICAL IT SOUNDS.
Well, here we go!

1.  IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
The Goddess Appears - The Legend of Zelda

2.  HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
Do it Alone - Sugarcult

3.  WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Mad as Rabbits - Panic! at the Disco

4.  HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Joy - Islands (Note: the first words are "I feel great! So happy...")

5.  WHAT IS YOUR LIFE PURPOSE?
Getting Even - Guster

6.  WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Hotel - Broken Social Scene

7.  WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers

8.  WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Don't Worry Baby - Beach Boys

9.  WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
Lightness - Death Cab for Cutie

10.  WHAT IS 2 + 2?
The Successor - Final Fantasy

11.  WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Morning Lullabies - Ingrid Michaelson

12.  WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Grounds for Divorce - Elbow

13.  WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Aerodynamic [Daft Punk Remix] - Daft Punk

14.  WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO WHEN YOU GROW UP?
World on Fire [Solarstone After Hours Mix] - Sarah Mclachlan 

15.  WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Pacific Theme - Broken Social Scene

16.  WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
The Horizon Has Been Defeated - Jack Johnson

17.  WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Memory (Acoustic) - Sugarcult

18.  WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Song for the Dumped - Ben Folds Five

19.  WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Title and Registration - Death Cab for Cutie

20.  WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Hello Kitty Kat - The Smashing Pumpkins

21.  SONG THEY WILL PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
On Fire - Switchfoot

22.  WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
On a Friday - Blakq Audio

OK, so that was fun, except I got a glimpse of how much crappy music I still have.  I deleted a lot of it, but sick.  Death Cab?  Jack Johnson?  Sugarcult?  I like The Cult or even Blue Oyster Cult, but not Sugarcult.  My iTunes can say goodbye to these bands.  Then I might do this again.  I also have a confession: I cheated on the last one.  I couldn't believe I still had this one band within a 1-mile radius of me.  I couldn't put it down.  I just couldn't.  Wow that feels good to get off my chest.  Next time on Confessions at High Altitudes, we will discuss why AT&T is better than Verizon.  

Peace.

PS - What a weird post.  But that's what 3 days of writing the proverbial you's thesis at an altitude the proverbial you is not used to will do to the proverbial you.  Eat it, you.

6 wisecrack(s):

Haley said...

I just love you. You never cease to make me laugh with your writing. You write how I think, which is how I would write if I actually took the time to do so.

TPlayer said...

#21 Made me laugh..as if you will be burning in hell

Leon said...

Hales, that's awesome. I'm pretty happy that I make you laugh, though I find it a bit strange that I write how you think...which is also how I think....hmm...what does it mean?

Player, yeah I never thought of 21 like that till you pointed it out. I think my fav is 18. It's actually pretty funny how some of them are true! When are we going to chill? Next year, mayhap?

Kendall Laws said...

the longest h-ing post i've ever seen..... the end

Kendall Laws said...

ps.... #s 3 and 6..... YOU WISH :D

Heather said...

3 and 21 crack me up! I did it and laughed the whole time! Great boredom relief.

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall