13 February 2010

I Don't Know Why I'm Posting This

The poem I wrote for the party I'm missing. Go ahead, point your fingers of scorn. I never claimed to be a poet. Most of the time, they come out as raps anyway. :/


The Demise of [Leon's] Poetry


I've never been very good at writing poetry

I mean, I read and study what Poe throws at me

This is precisely where I get stuck, where I fail:

My rhymes make no sense, I can't seem to excel

But I'll give it a shot, just this once, for the prize

There in lies the key; I hereby create your demise

I pose you a question, a blind inquiry of sorts

The answer to which you must achieve sans your cohorts

Without help nor support you never will guess

The answer to my riddle; alas, do your best

Add a pinch of cartoons of the anime style,

And a video game addiction along with denial

Make it a fanboy of Apple and indie-rock covers

Let it duel 'til its death with all Microsoft lovers

It shall play the piano and read Lord of the Rings

And wear non-prescrip' glasses 'til its left contact stings

Doing all this alone, it knows only despair

It could gripe, it could moan, 'cept you don't even care

What creature is it? A mean old git?

A guy named The Bell? A poor emo kid?

In order to wrap up this stellar, humble rhyme,

Akin to keeping a straight face while sucking a lime

Since you've not given me an answer, since you've not a clue

And since there's really not anything else left to do

I'll answer the riddle which above I have asked

I'll strip off its disguise, I'll uncover its mask

Who's alone on this Saint Valentine's Eve?

The author, yours truly, in other words, me.


4 wisecrack(s):

Tamara said...

Me likes, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Awesome, I love your poetry writing style, The Bell! :) We shall miss you truly this evening. Eat chocolate!

Peeser said...

Nice.

I really like the use of enjambment-
(remember what *that* word means? Look at lines 9 and 10 if you need a clue...)

I hope your V-Day is more entertaining than your V-Day eve apparently was (At least you should have the company of one particular crazy family...)

Just two more quick thoughts-
First of all, you know, if the being alone bothers you, you DO have a certain amount of say-so about that... have you done anything? Or are you expecting everyone else to do all the work?

And quite frankly, I prefer to say nuts to the often nauseating commercialized romance surrounding the holiday and instead choose to celebrate all the many other kinds of love that are just as valuable and important.

In fact, I think I'm done here. No more soapbox- I'm going to go spend the rest of the day with my sisters and my nephew...

Chess said...

Very impressive poetry! And thank you for your sweet comment. I miss our hugs too. :( But I hope you are the happiest you can be right now! ♥ ♥

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall