02 February 2010

Bragging Wrongs

I've added a check box down there labeled show of hands. That's so you can answer the following question:


Who has ever started and deleted and started and deleted and repeated this process at least 10 times in writing a post?

Sometimes I get halfway done and realize that I don't like what I wrote and I'll just delete it. I feel no remorse in this. I know you all thought I was flawless, that when I wrote a post, it just came out smooth and beautiful the first time. In general, that is the case.

This is an example of me bragging.

Another example of me bragging: I was invited to a poetry party (PP) on Valentine's Eve. Sadly, I won't be able to attend since I live in H-E-double-hockeysticks land and not in Utah land. Flights were too expensive (I browsed) and I have a training school to attend in Little Rock the entire week before the most depressing day of the year. So PP is out. I'm getting to the point. Then you can go back to the less-important activities you are procrastinating doing for the sole purpose of reading this post. I appreciate it, by the way.

I just realized that I have yet to tell you how I bragged. Maybe I don't want to now! For all you know, I got scared and thought to myself, "Self, if you brag, you might look like the very thing you are trying to avoid: a bum." Maybe I didn't think that at all! I don't like where this is headed, and that's saying something. I'm going to go watch Pokemon before it goes any further. You're welcome to stay and read this again and guess the reason for my bragging. Add-E-Os!

PS - Before I forget, does anyone have a good topic for a poem for PP? There was an option to submit a poem and someone cool will read it. The comments section is a good place to send suggestions. So is my email or phone or fax or telegraph machine, for which I know you all have the suitable address, number, or....wire, as it were.

6 wisecrack(s):

Spratt said...

Good post today Jason. I also start and restart blog posts all the time. Sometimes I will even complete an entire post, and then never publish it because I don't think the world can handle it!
I did reread this most recent post several times, as you suggested.
Are you bragging about the fact that you have obtained a sufficiently cool stature which enables you to be invited to awesome out-of-state parties hosted by attractive women? That's my guess anyway. On a related note, I just noticed that nearly all of your "followers" happen to be extremely attractive women...I'm quite jealous of that fact.

Levi Dean said...

I think you should write a poem about Larry. Larry the Cucumber!

Jalene said...

i'm glad you think my bff is cool. do you think i'm cool too? i read! i read!

Colette said...

First, I don't delete and start over usually. I tend to write and write and write then go back and delete everything that I no longer want to say. Usually the post ends up being 100% different than I intended.
Second, I am so excited to see you at training next week! I know I have said that already, but it is true.
Third, don't forget that I win!

Anonymous said...

I submit that a large portion of my "cool" comes from Jalene somewhat contagiously. Like famous by association, but cool instead of famous...maybe one day.

Anyway, I raised my hand to the beginning question, however, I don't delete a post that I've started, I just don't publish it until I have the creative juices to further sustain it.

Topics...I'll be thinking.

Peeser said...

I had an idea for a poem for you to write. Then I lost it. Or forgot. You decide. If I find it again, maybe I'll still share it with you. Or not. You decide. (This is like "choose your own adventure" comment time!)

I might choose to be offended by the way you refer to my beloved home state as "H-E-double-hockeysticks land." Clearly, you have never driven through Nebraska.

You have only yourself to blame for living in Missouri. You could have chosen to remain job-less in your homestate. And I will take this moment to remind you that the Lord placed the Garden of Eden in Missouri, and it is where He plans to build the New Jerusalem. You may want to think twice before insulting the Lord's land of choice.

I'm sorry you have to drive to Olathe (I'm sure by now you've figured out that it's in Kansas, a state not much better than Nebraska). I'm sorry you're stuck in training in Little Rock. Maybe your life does suck. So, okay, okay, if I come up with any good poem ideas, I will let you know.
(Do you have any kind of deadline requirement? Because it may take me awhile... contrary to what you may believe, while I enjoy reading your blog posts, I DO have other things I need to do with my life, such as leaving epic comments on the aforementioned blog posts...)

LOL!

(Did that just drive you crazy? Please say, "yes"! :)

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall