14 January 2010

The Shrivner

There's this song I know. It's called The Girl by City and Colour. It reminds me of this girl named the Shrivner.


The Shrivner has a beautiful soul and an equally beautiful smile. Partially because of her, I like to buy fresh, organic milk. She taught me the awkward touch. She sent me a text at 2 a.m. saying, "It's hellin' 2 a.m.!" to which I replied, "You're hot!" Keep in mind, it was 2 a.m. and the text woke me up. She encouraged me to buy my first (2) pair(s) of skinny jeans. She would stop by the apartment just to say hi. She has great taste in music. She dances, plays guitar, sings, photographs and she does it all well. If I had to describe the Shrivner in only one word it would have to be totally-bodaciously-legit.

Lots of good memories. One of my favorites is this one time we hung out and went to Taco Time and watched Slumdog Millionaire and she recorded this [radical] song (the aforementioned) on a video she facebooked to her friend. I'd put it on here, but she'd probably kill me. Refraining, due to not wanting to die, I relearned the song real quick and recorded a video of me singing it. Quick warning: I'm a little off key (it's really high!) and I forget where I am in the song sometimes which causes me to pause and my guitar skills aren't exactly akin to Jimmy Hendrix's. Maybe Jimmy Hendrix's at 5 years old. Three sir! Right. Three. To the Shrivner: I hellin' miss you! Hope you like the song. Peace out.



5 wisecrack(s):

Jalene said...

oh gosh. this really made me miss jas-face and the shrivner. i really love this song. it's so beautiful. i miss you both singing it in my apartment.

Peeser said...

Mumbly joe?

Um, pretty impressive (your guitar skills are far superior to anything I would even attempt)- the only problem is that for one such as I who is completely unfamiliar with the song, I really could hardly understand a word you sang...

Still, fun video- thanks for sharing!
(When is your American Idol debut?)

Sarah Lambson said...

All I have to say is this...you look just like the Stave it off guy.

Peeser said...

Wow, Sarah! I didn't even think of that, but you are soooooo right!

Mr. Leon, that means now you have to post a video singing the "Stave it off" song. That would be so hilarious! (It would be equally hilarious to see how many people *don't* get the reference...)

Ahhhh, fun times.

Colette said...

First of all, I miss you. Second of all, love the stache. Third of all, I still think you are amazing. (and yes, you do look just like the Stave it off man)

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall