30 October 2008

Stick Figures

There are some things that people just don't know or understand.  For example, most people don't realize how versatile stick figure people can be!  I've seen them have dance parties, eat egg rolls, dive into water, fight dragons, ward off zombies, and even hold the world on their shoulders.  Unfortunately, stick figure people can get pretty violent at times.  I figure they have a hard time denying the natural man, since there really isn't much to them, let alone space enough to stuff a soul in there.  I guess you could say that they just go by instinct, like wild boars.  To better understand this phenomenon, I will say this:  I have a friend who likes to draw stick figures.  His stick figures have the tendency to say the F-word...uhh, not behavior that I condone from my friend, but you can't really control stick figure people.  As I said before, they do what they want.  My stick figure people have never cursed, fortunately, but they do some pretty crazy things.  This is something that really peaked my interest, and I believe that further study is of vital importance if we as humans are ever going to get to the bottom of this. 

I'm sure you scrolled down already and peeked at some of my drawings, so in case you haven't guessed, today is art day!!!  I have one thing to say to you impatient people:


You ruined the surprise!  Just so you know, my friend Seth works at a pharmaceutical company, and they have have a cough syrup named the above drawing.  And I'm truly and truthfully...lying.  Onto the art!



This guy didn't follow the directions on the tree.  Idiot.  I don't even feel bad.


One of my better Trogdors.  I think there's an even better one below.


As you may or may not know, I don't like Windows.  This blog was written on a MacBook and I will forever be a Mac-guy.  DIE WINDOWS!


I guess this guy is testing a cannon.  Probably some sort of military training.


I hope he doesn't move!


I think this guy pissed off the wrong crowd.  He most likely betrayed a member of the mob.


Even Rambo doesn't like math.  There's something wrong with this country, besides the presidential campaign 2008 and Obama.


This is what happens when you get 5 angry stick figure people in the same room, each with their own weapons.  Maybe the United Nations?




Link (above and below) holding the triforce and killing a Poe (respectively).



Here's a good recipe: a Molotov cocktail and a few zombies.


I like drawing Skull and Cross Bones.  No idea why.  It just looks neat.


Here's the dance party of the century!


This guy's eating an egg roll.  As if you couldn't tell, right?  What gave it away?


Not that she'll ever read my blog (ABBIE!) but mack time has been cancelled indefinitely.


I think this is my best Trogdor I've ever drawn...in class.


Don't worry.  Clint Eastwood shot him down before he actually fell.


This is the worst Trogdor I've ever drawn.


He should have been more head-strong.
He'll never be the head of a major corporation.
Not a good way to get ahead in life.


Life feels like this sometimes.


You'd be scared too.


This is just so you don't think I'm too demented.


This guy is tugging a theorem along.  I don't think it's a very useful theorem, so he can HAVE it!


This is actually a self portrait.  Me.  Taking my 72-hour exam.  I get the results tomorrow (Friday).  And yes, I'm frightened.  That's a picture of my mom on the desk, by the way.


This guy is breaking the word of wisdom.


The flying crane as it would have been if the Karate Kid was rated R.


Indeed!


Life feels like this sometimes.




I thought it would be fun to make a stick figure people version of the good book.  I have another drawing somewhere but it's lost right now.  I'll work on this...

So there it is folks:  Macs are better, and this proves it!  Everybody vote!

Peace.

7 wisecrack(s):

Sarah said...

eggroll was my favorite

liNdsEYloO said...

this makes me miss school. i LOVE.

Seth said...

I'm actually crying because that was so beautiful.

kristin brown said...

I like the zombies best. And the dance party. That was funny.

garrett said...

My favorite part was that you speak of stick figures as if they are independent entities of themself which we must study to find out what deeper meaning they bring to the world... nay, the UNIVERSE! ...and you speak of them that way because, in fact, that is the way it is.


Well done, my friend. I don't know what it is about university learining that invites stick figures, but there were definatley some that frequented my notes as well. Mostly, they imitated and mocked my professors and fellow students I didn't like... I'll have to see if I can find them and see how they'd get along with your brand of seemingly more violent stick figures.

Colette said...

Although I still am concerned about your sanity in class . . . I enjoyed, truly enjoyed.

TPlayer said...

These drawings remind me of the MTC. Rucker would always draw pics of me pulling my hair out and I think my personal favorite was when I drew a stick figure of me hanging myself...(that was subjunctive week)...Chuck Norris, nor Jack Bauer saved me!

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall