20 October 2008

Dot Again I Go Unnoticed Dot

So I'm sitting here (being neither heard nor seen) at Papa Kelsey's listening to Bruce Moulton, and I thought it would be a great time to write a new post.  Some funny things happened to me today.  I think.  Maybe there was only one funny thing, but....no a couple.  This may seem a little like a journal entry--and yes I do write in my journal in this same writing style.  


First thing.  I was supposed to mail a letter a week ago that could be classified as of high importance.  "...while the rest of us are busting our #$%& to deliver your mail....oh I mailed that letter..." It was a check from my ward to Lee's, paying off our balance.  Some outside force seemed to be keeping me from mailing it.  Everyday I looked at the letter sitting on my night stand, anxiously waiting for me to take it to the post office and mail it, and every day I left my apartment without the anxiously waiting envelope.  Today, I remembered it.  I grabbed that letter and could sense the excitement and slight relief coming from the folded piece of paper, sealed at one end with a mixture of adhesive material and saliva.  I reached my office in no time--because I scoot to campus--and decided that I had time to go mail the letter and get a drink before class.  I told Colette the story about the envelope with a surprising amount of human emotions, about the compelling force that was keeping me from mailing the letter, and then proceeded to the Quick Stop (TSC (Taggart Student Center (USU))) without the letter.  I could almost hear it yelling out of disappointment and yearning for attention.  

Wow, uh, yeah.  That was weird. 

Second thing.  I go to the Quick Stop everyday for 44 oz. of freedom, AKA Diet Dr. Pepper with the cherry and lime squirts.  Today it started out like every other day: forgetting the aforementioned, sodding letter, saying hi to Ariel and asking her to fix the DDP due to the syrup running out.  I just lied.  Today was the first time I've had to ask her to fix it, which she did for which I was indeed greatful.  If you ever read this, thanks Ar (pronounced "air")!  Oh yeah, and joder!  After it got fixed, I filled up, noticing a funny smell.  Not taking any notice of smell other than the initial whiff, I left for class, made it just in time, and finished the entire 44 oz in 50 minutes.  Sick, yeah, I got it!  Class was actually really good.  You know when you're at the movie, and [insert favorite beverage] just makes the experience that much better?  Well today's lecture was actually just one single proof.  It took 50 minutes for Jeurgen to go through one single proof!  Needless to say, it was excellent, and hence the finishing of the drink.  

After class, I ran into the Shrivner,  talked to her for a sec, went to my office, and realized that I needed another 44 oz., a corn dog and an egg roll.  (This really isn't part of the second thing, but I laughed for a bit about forgetting the letter (earlier), walked out without it again, but realized before I left the building.  [Said in the best the Frizz voice possible] Mailed it!)  On the way back to the Quick Stop, I open the lid to my 44 oz. mug, inhaled, and the air almost came back out in the form of vomit.  It was bad.  I told Emily (Quick Stop) to smell it and facetiously enjoyed as the air she inhaled almost performed the same transforming magic trick.  It was awesome.  It was also very gross, which point Emily noted and told me--nay, commanded me not to drink out of it ever again.  So I rinsed it out with boiling hot water, doing so in vain.  The smell remained.  Emily took the hellish-odored mug and washed it with hand soap.  Thanks Em (pronounced "em")!  After the thorough washing, it no longer "rinked," but the soda tasted curiously like Softsoap, or a cheaper, brandless brand.  Not a lot of things gross me out, but quite frankly, the knowledge that I drank an entire 44 oz. of the nectar of the gods from a rotten mug makes me ill.  It may be noteworthy to some of you that I finished those 44 oz. (every last drop) and am now currently drinking a 21 oz. Dr. Pepper of the non-diet variety.

Third thing.  During my second round at the Quick Stop, I learned something very funny about one of my friends.  Keep in mind, [you know who you are, or you will] that I mean no offense whatsoever.  I just thought it was speechlessly funny.  I saw a friend during the whole fiasco about rinsing and washing my mug and explained to her how it would total 88 oz. of DDP that day.  She, astonished and somewhat appalled, noted that she couldn't believe it, and that she couldn't do it.  She doesn't like Dr. Pepper.  I urged her to try but she never did.  Then she said, "[My husband] gets caffeine on his birthday!"  I stopped, backed up, gave her a funny look, which kind of looked like a dog that you've confused by putting liquid novocaine in its mouth.  I said, "What?" She repeated her statement.  I said, "You don't let your husband drink caffeine?" Her reply, "Only on his birthday and when he has a headache."  Ha!  I love you guys!  Please don't be mad!!!  I thought it was pretty awesome, and good on him!  Were it me, I'd have a headache every day (or every night for that matter...).  

Kind of wrapping things up thing.  I went to the Dashboard concert last Thursday.  Here is how it went, on a scale of awesomeness:

The Cab less than Plain White T's much much less than Panic! at the Disco significantly less than DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL.

In case you are wondering, the normal "less than" sign doesn't work on this, something to do with the html thinking I'm trying to type in some command.  I don't want to deal with it right now, so I'll leave them as italicized words.  Overall, I had a great night.  My theory about how inconsiderate people are was proven.  People really are A-holes sometimes.  But I couldn't complain.  I enjoyed Dashboard and I enjoyed the company (but who wouldn't enjoy listening to such a rad band with such a rad chick?).  For a more detailed account, see  .this car is my confession. by Kristin.  I'd really love to see them in a smaller venue where they would play their slow, acoustic, cutting-yourself-with-a-razor songs, which are my more favorite songs and the reason I love them!!!  

I think I've bored you enough.  I hope you enjoyed today's episode.  Come back again!  Peace.

6 wisecrack(s):

Emily said...

I apologize about the soap tasting Dr. Pepper. You are a good man to have drank it. :)

Wendy said...

Very funny! It's strange, but reading your story kind of made me miss the Quik Stop.

kristin brown said...

I enjoyed that very much. :) I especially like the title. Ha ha ha... oh and thanks for saying I'm rad.

liNdsEYloO said...

you drink too much soda jason bell.

Jalene said...

Hahahaha Jas (pronounced Jace)! You make me laugh! I love how you put a link to my blog with the word "rink." It made me feel cool... and stupid at the same time. But mostly cool. I really liked this post. A lot. Thanks for making me laugh.

TPlayer said...

The fact that you used the word "squirts" to describe anything you would put into something you drink just made me laugh and want to hurl all at the same time

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall