20 April 2010

Probability Zero

What to write about? Hmm.... Here's the deal: I have a lot on my mind. I have aleph-not things on my mind. If you were to ask what aleph-not is, I, or any brilliantly minded engineer or mathematician would respond:


Simple. It's the cardinality of infinity.

In other words, if you were to take the set of all real numbers, the set of all even numbers, the set of all forks and spoons and knives and xboxes, multiply them together using set-multiplication (I'm sure I made that one up), and came up with a count of how many elements there were in those sets, you would get an immensely large number.

Now, given that you are found within that set (maybe count you among the xboxes or spoons) (since I'm sure you like to spoon) (who doesn't?), and assume also that you are a Guinness world record claustrophobe, it might be a little crowded. What do you do in that case?

You keep fighting. Make your place in the set. Become a king. I don't know. Why are you inquiring such preposterous questions anyway? What, do you not have the world's best search engine at your finger tips? And I'm not talking about Bing. Wow. That's twice I've mentioned the dreaded Microsoft (3 times) in this post. And I don't even LIKE Microsoft (4)! Make sense of that!

You're still with me, I presume. Maybe you are with probability 0 exactly the opposite of "with me." Maybe you don't know what it means to do or be anything with probability 0. Remark: with probability 0, I will not buy Avatar when it comes out next week. I'm looking at purchasing a [new] Mazda 3 hatchback with probability 1. You see the difference? I know you see it. You're smart.

I'm still not sure where I'm headed. I could be talking about this blog, meaning it could end and you would be none the better off. If you're really smart, like I know you are, you could interpret my entire meaning of this whole thing. If you get it, I'll give you a dollar next time I see you. I like that. Please, interpret the meaning of this post in the comments section.

I'll give you some hints:
  • I am, with probability 0, referring in any way to mathematical concepts and set theory. My discussion on the matter is only a metaphor.
  • I'm not talking about Star Trek.
Speaking of Star Trek, or of not Star Trek, have you guys watched any Hayao Miyazaki films? I'll name a few. Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Nausicaa in the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky, Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Monoke. Please, please, please check them out.

End.

7 wisecrack(s):

Spratt said...

So you're buying a Mazda 3? Those are sweet cars! I will also not being purchasing Avatar when it comes out. I was disappointed that it didn't have any special features, so I will hold out for an extended feature DVD later. I don't think you ever told me if you liked it or not, but I was under the impression that you didn't. Correct me if I am wrong.

Peeser said...

47.

Paul Harris said...

Mazda 3? Are you a high school cheerleader?

Paul Harris said...

Mazda 3? It sould have plenty of room to stow your pom poms after cheer practice.

Spratt said...

Don't listen to him Jason, Mazdas are cool. People in America don't seem to get the whole "hot hatch" concept like people who have spent time in Europe. Just have confidence in your superior coolness.

Colette said...

I can only imagine you already know what aleph-not things I would assume are on your mind.

Do it.

That is all I have to say on this matter.

Leon said...

To clear some things up:
I will not be buying a Mazda 3 Hatchback for at least a year and a half.
I WILL be buying Avatar today (probability 0 means no chance - used a double negative in that sentence).
Nobody gets a dollar quite yet.
I don't know what 47 is. Had you guessed 42, we mighta had a stew going.

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall