22 September 2009

Chili

I'm finally getting around to writing a new blog post. This one is going to be different than anything you've previously seen.


I'm finally starting to get settled in my new place in Columbia. This has been kind of a process, but it's almost done. In another week (or two), I'll have a couch and a kitchen table. Right now I've been sitting on camping chairs or laying on my new, very comfortable bed. I haven't posted for awhile because the NPCs (non-player character) on Oblivion have been keeping me pretty busy, what with all the tasks and missions they give me or send me on. I've also been enjoying Dan Brown's new book (sorry, Seth), the Lost Symbol. It's a very riveting tale, and I hope some of you are also able to enjoy it.

I'm finally coming to the point. That is, chili. Yes, chili. Last night, it poured buckets of rain on this ol' college town, leaving huge puddles in the middle of the road on which I was traveling to find a barber shop. After almost sliding off the road 9 times, and thoroughly enjoying myself may I add, I found it (the barber shop) and it was closed. So I found another haircutting place, and got my hair cut. I tell you that story to tell you this story: as I was driving in the rain, I began to crave, or rather JONES for a nice bowl of Leon's Famous Chili. So, using my otherwise empty day, I began a cooking show called Cooking with Leon, and came up with a theme song the show, Cooking with Leon, called the Cooking with Leon Theme Song. It's mouthful, and so is the chili. It's quite dull, but I hope you like it!



One other thing, I forgot to mention that there is also a small can of el Pato chili sauce in the chili. That's all. Oh, and you can season to your liking. Make sure to test it part way through cooking to see if you need any more/additional seasonings.

Next time I will discuss the elegant 3-wolf t-shirt, and its effects on humankind.

Or not.

7 wisecrack(s):

Anonymous said...

Impressive, that looks like some good eatin'. Now I'm not only craving chili I'm craving movie making. Perhaps I will give it a go when I make homemade peach pie this weekend... You are a good singer btw, I did not know that about you!

Leon said...

Thanks for the compliment. :) Lindsay, it was so good! The only think I wish I had done was make some cornbread. It would have been perfect. You're making homemade peach pie?? Will you send me a piece?

Jalene said...

hahahahahahahahaha. oh my gosh. when it first started playing the song i thought, "oh man, i wish it was the 'ice ice baby' remix jas-face made." then it was!!!!!!!!!! and i think i maybe laughed a lot.
and it made me miss you a lot.
and i may have teared up a little.
and i may have watched it twice.

Ross said...

Ice Ice Baby has found a home with Cooking with Leon.

Perfect.

Trevor Hirschi said...

I much enjoyed that Leon. When I first saw it I kept thinking, when will there be Lemon? Then I realized that it was Leon. Haha. I also really liked the part when it says "Conjure Crockpot" and first shows a popcorn popper. Ice Ice Baby just made it that much better.

TheCoys said...

After watching this movie yesterday I drempt about making chili. Now I really want to make it. It sounds and looks amazing and from what I know you are pretty good cook, so I'll definitely try it. Mmm.

Robin said...

I like your kitchen!

 

  © 2009 Resplendent Sunrise and Blissful Waves

True Contemplation Blogger Template by M Shodiq Mustika Edited by Squall